Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC Pro Tour 2011

Options
  • 17-05-2010 8:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

From what i understand from next year on the PDC pro tour will be limited to 128 players. I presume in order to qualify for 1 of these places a player needs to be ranked in the 1 to 128 placings at the end of this year. What do you fellow members think of this idea? Is the PDC not in danger of becoming an elitist organisation and possibly losing players who in turn will start playing on the BDO circuit? Some players have left already saying it's the financial cost of been in the PDC. Personally i don't think this is a good idea by the PDC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

I have a feeling that Barry Hearne is going to make up for his failed bid to buy the BDO by keeping the 128 best players on the PDC circuit and then creating another darts organisation designed to compete with the BDO.
    He has spoken 3 or 4 times about wanting to concentrate on darts at grass roots level and this may be his solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mussha

that could back fire big time. the normal guy would be better playing in bdo events rather than a 2 rate pdc where he would never get a chance to play the bigs boys.

Advertisement