Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Irish Players

Options
  • 13-05-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is the standard of the young irish players getting better i've played for my county for the first time and i was knocked back by the talent of players Like Sean Mcardle of Dublin and Kilkenny Duo Paddy Meaney and Dave Coyne i really think in these 3 players the irish could possibly have a top 10 Pdc player in the not so distant future

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the standard of the young irish players getting better i've played for my county for the first time and i was knocked back by the talent of players Like Sean Mcardle of Dublin and Kilkenny Duo Paddy Meaney and Dave Coyne i really think in these 3 players the irish could possibly have a top 10 Pdc player in the not so distant future

Deffo, i wud usually practice with Dave early at an events im at, and when he brings what he can do in practice to the real game, were in trouble... Paddy is just brilliant...

Theres also Shane Nolan down in Kerry, real player him, use to travel with Sean Marshall.... Tis no wonder he is good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gladiator180

i think dicie is the best young player in ireland :p

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

i think dicie is the best young player in ireland :p

In comparison to "Any double" , PJ Moylan and Jack mc kenna i suppose i can be called young!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Yeah i'd agree with that, ive only played Paddy out of those 3 in competition (and at him only in the recent one in the whitehouse) and i threw average darts, 60 most of the way down, but against paddy, in the 4 legs i only got 1 shot at a double (i picked it up in the final leg throwing better darts) but in all the legs he was scoring very well. cover darts particularly on the 19's

but ive watched the other 2 throwing and i'd say all 3 if they keep the enthusiasm and practice up could be absolute quality

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Even the standard of the young lads in the Dun Laoghaire Borough League has been very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

thedivil wrote: »
    Even the standard of the young lads in the Dun Laoghaire Borough League has been very good.
    i have said for the last few years,that ireland will soon have a world class dart thrower,but untill the best get backing by a big company[paddy power ect] they will never compete at the very top.to be the best you have to play full time.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

Well thats always been the problem with players from here.Maybe their local pub could sponsor them to play in the big competitions here.If they win them then they might get noticed quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

thedivil wrote: »
    Well thats always been the problem with players from here.Maybe their local pub could sponsor them to play in the big competitions here.If they win them then they might get noticed quicker
    i can go back to the late 70s when playing for lancashire,then most of the top players[alun evens,bill leonard,leyton reece,ect]took their own bookie with them on exibitions,that was in the early days of the BDO, at that time ireland was still trying to set up its own darts organization,they were going around the county darts players in the UK to find irish born or irish second generation born players to play for them,with my irish name i was asked the question

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Paul Sinc

Sean McArdle in a nice player, just needs a little calming on the line and to pace himself sometimes.

He plays with us out of Rathcoole on Monday nights in the South County League and is currently in good form (he beat Gareth Gray last night in Boomers - crackin' game). He's also part of the Dublin youth system and plays with some other very good youths in the Patriot's in Kilmainham in a youth league on Saturday afternoons. He's a couple of years ahead of most of the others, but some others to watch coming up in Dublin are:
    Ryan Maher,
    John Seagrave and
    Lee Clarke... (just needs to believe in himself a little more and then the others need to watch their backs. He's a lovely natural thrower and one to watch I reckon and he's actually just won Player of the Tournament at the youth league in Kilmainham - as most improved player. Best compliment of all is that every other youth in the league agreed (even before he was nominated to receive the trophy.

Here's some shots:
    http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/1972marathon/Patriots%20Youth%20FInals%202010/

Advertisement