Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddy Myrphy Darts Cup - The Gallops

Options
  • 13-05-2010 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Guys,
    The Annual Paddy Murphy Darts Cup will be held in the Gallops pub on Sunday 6th June,
    This is being done in conjunction with the Children's Sunshine Home which is on the Leopardstown Road and is a great cause.

I have attached a poster which has all the details so if you could print these off and stick them up in your pubs and tell notify friends family and of course your team of this event we may have another great day and night on our hands

All are welcome and as the poster says there will be music on the night and a raffle with hopefully loads of spot prizes and I will be pushing for them to put on finger food on the day too

Anyone interested can either call the pub and put their name down or just send me a PM to be sure it is registered

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 thedemon

the problem tat weekend is citywest.most players will b @ tat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Eat Well

thedemon wrote: »
    the problem tat weekend is citywest.most players will b @ tat

Well that's fair enough however for anyone who doesnt want to travel across to the other side of Dublin and then pay for taxis back this is an chance to play in a competition more locally, where they actually have a chance of winning a few bob and at the same time supporting a charity based within the area covered by our darts league

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Eat Well wrote: »
    Well that's fair enough however for anyone who doesnt want to travel across to the other side of Dublin and then pay for taxis back this is an chance to play in a competition more locally, where they actually have a chance of winning a few bob and at the same time supporting a charity based within the area covered by our darts league

Im sure the boro boys be glad to hear they aint good enough to win at the city west, thou i wud have to disagree....:D:D

Hope its a success..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Eat Well

Dicie wrote: »
    Im sure the boro boys be glad to hear they aint good enough to win at the city west, thou i wud have to disagree....:D:D

Hope its a success..

That's not quite what I meant, Dont get me wrong there are some players in the Boro that could have a good go at it alright, A select few at that, I'm going to be honest and say that I wouldnt have a snowball's chance in hell of winning out there so I wouldnt pretend I would, The truth is there's some real quality entering the Citywest competition some from within the Borough and a lot from outside it and the reality is 90% of the lads in our would consider it a great achievement just to reach the last 32 as a result of having one of those days where everything goes your way.
    If the top players are out at Citywest then our tournament paves the way for some of the so called "fringe players" to have a pop.

Anyhow I'm sure there are a lot of people who are realistic enough to say they cannot win out there and wouldnt be bothered travelling all the way and might just be happy to have stay local and travel up to the Gallops and have a good day out which it always is, and as far as i know the management are also putting on a barbeque on the day also

Advertisement