Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running tracks

Options
  • 11-05-2010 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to create a playlist for running to. I tend to run in tempo to the music i'm listening to. I'd prefer to go slow, build to a quicker tempo, then slowed again. I have some ideas myself, but would like to hear what you guys think. The playlist would need to be 35 mins long

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

De La Soul released a mixtape in conjunction with Nike a while ago called Are You In? It's a 40 minute mix tailor made for jogging (or yogging I think it might be a soft 'j').

It was free and I'm pretty sure I have it about somewhere if you'd like me to upload it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

cheers. i'll try and find it somewhere and if i have no joy i'll let ya know. more suggestions are still welcome

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Aesop Rock and A-Track also done those Nike mixes. The Aesop Rock one is quite good to run to.

EL-P - I'll Sleep When You're Dead is a good running album, lots going on throughout, and and then at the end it's a bit more relaxed for warming down.

Although not hip hop, 4-Hero i find are also great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I never run (except for the odd bus and I don't feel well for a day or two after) but those Nike mixes are bananas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Sounds a bit corny but Drake et al with forever was a good song for me when marathon training a while back. The 'i want this suit forever' gave me q little push when pace or interest was starting to wane.

Other than that, dipset was also good for me. I'm not into all that stuff of matching bpm to pace etc. I prefer to listen to songs I like, but have a good up tempo beat and most importantly thumping drums. I find if I focus on the drum loops it helps me settle into a good rhythm.

Advertisement