Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky news biased against the Labor party?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No but they can't abide the Labour Party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I don't think Mr Murdoch is enamoured with Labour for interfering in his God given right to be king of the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJh2bTK1ew

This is an example of Kay Burley and Skys 'journalism'. Her line of questioning in that interview is close to moronic. They are slowly and surely becoming Fox news of the UK and there biased towards the Conservatives is very very clear. Murdoch media really is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭duffflash

bmaxi wrote: »
    I don't think Mr Murdoch is enamoured with Labour for interfering in his God given right to be king of the media.

I think when a Sky Reporter in so many words demands on the news that Mr Brown should get out of number 10, it's getting a little bit above reporting the news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Boulton losing it with Campbell....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbOhq1q07Y

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

duffflash wrote: »

In fairness, getting annoyed by Alistair Campbell does not indicate bias.

Thrill wrote: »
    Boulton losing it with Campbell....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUbOhq1q07Y

It’s a disgrace on sky news and I think Adam Bolton should be sacked. Is this what passes for impartial news reporting today!!

Nodin wrote: »
    In fairness, getting annoyed by Alistair Campbell does not indicate bias.

Please look at the video!

I did. It doesn't seem to cover the full interview and is of limited value. However I'd imagine that Boulton finally lost the head with Cambell and his crap. They have history, and Boulton and quite a few others could never stand Campbells overaggressive penis waving manner in dealing with the press. He also remarks in his memoirs about the casual relationship between Campbell and the truth, and its contrast with previous press secretaries. In other words, there's a lot more going on than just the subject matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,383 ✭✭✭cml387

Adam Boulton is a highly respected pol corr. (and incidentally married to one of Tony Blair's ex-spin doctors).

It looked unprofessional on his part, but I would plead mitigation as it was Alastair Campbell he was dealing with.

Maybe they had some words off air beforehand.

• Advertisement

cml387 wrote: »

Maybe they had some words off air beforehand.

...over a few years.

Nodin wrote: »
    ...over a few years.

Was he at the wedding?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Sky News becoming Fox "News".

The full thing, which I'm now watching
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkHwU4DRA8

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Despite Adam Boulton denying bias in the election-night set-to with Alastair Campbell, it was obvious that Murdoch had decided to set his multi-media attack-dogs onto the Labour Party a long time ago. Boulton also showed that he was carrying out his master's wishes when it was Sky's turn to host the leaders' debate.

.....yes...Rupert said 'Go on there and lose the run of yourself'.

Alastair Campbell's behaviour towards the BBC over the "dodgy dossier" was a disgrace.He is an attack dog for the Labour party.

I detest Rupert Murdoch and all he stands for,but SKY news cannot be compared to Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I did and Campbell seems like an incredibly annoying cocky individual.

loldog wrote: »
    Sky News becoming Fox "News".

I'm sure they'd love to, but Sky, like most European broadcasters, is monitored under legislation to prevent that kind of thing.

Alastair accused Adam of wanting David Cameron to be in power (according to Guardian blog).

• Advertisement

cml387 wrote: »
    Alastair accused Adam of wanting David Cameron to be in power (according to Guardian blog).

If you watch it from 3 minutes in, you can see the jibes starting to hit home, culminating in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭ongarite

The Murdock media empire did a deal with the Conservatives before the election to give them support. All his newspapers and Sky News have shown a pro-Tory stance since, during and now after the election.

In return, Murdock wanted OFCOM to be disbanded and BBC to be neutered.

The great Brian Redhead once had a set to with Nigel Lawson,when Nigel accused him of political bias.

"Do you think we should have a one minute silence now in this interview, one for you to apologise for daring to suggest that you know how I vote"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Lets not forget SKY were Labour friendly, or at least Blair friendly for too many years!

Murdoch really has no party loyalty, only so far as what can any of the main parties do for him and his ego!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Lets not forget SKY were Labour friendly, or at least Blair friendly for too many years!

Murdoch really has no party loyalty, only so far as what can any of the main parties do for him and his ego!

Your attempts to paint sky's behaviour as some kind of benign equivalence are quite disingenuous. Murdoch may have allied with labour in the past, but it is crystal that Sky have bet their house on the conservatives this time around and that is clearly where their loyalty lies.

Been watching some sky news this evening and Boulton's behaviour is becoming increasingly desperate. Practically shouting everyone else down who isn't conservative/pro-conservative.

I really hope the lib-lab coalition get going, get in PR and lock the tories out for a generation, would be a big F U to Murdoch and his political interference and electioneering and send the perfect message to Cameron and the cronies (tories).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Memnoch wrote: »
    Your attempts to paint sky's behaviour as some kind of benign equivalence are quite disingenuous. Murdoch may have allied with labour in the past, but it is crystal that Sky have bet their house on the conservatives this time around and that is clearly where their loyalty lies.

Been watching some sky news this evening and Boulton's behaviour is becoming increasingly desperate. Practically shouting everyone else down who isn't conservative/pro-conservative.

I really hope the lib-lab coalition get going, get in PR and lock the tories out for a generation, would be a big F U to Murdoch and his political interference and electioneering and send the perfect message to Cameron and the cronies (tories).

True that they have become Tory friendly since Brown took over no.10, but just ask people like George Galloway and Tony Benn how biased they were against them in interviews over the years. All because they would not lick up with the New Labour mandate!

In a way this is karma for creeps like Campbell who had the media in deference to him for too long! Boulton knows this firsthand!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Murdoch likes to back the winner. He saw which way the wind was blowing back in the late 90's and backed New Labour. He sees Labour slipping down the popularity slope and flips back to the Tories. He didn't throw his weight behind the Conservatives until quite late on in the game.

I think this is because he genuinely held Brown in greater esteem than he did Cameron. In fact I don't think he rates Cameron very highly at all. But the Tories were clearly on the ascendancy so all aboard the band wagon.

Murdoch likes to back the winner. He saw which way the wind was blowing back in the late 90's and backed New Labour. He sees Labour slipping down the popularity slope and flips back to the Tories. He didn't throw his weight behind the Conservatives until quite late on in the game.

I think this is because he genuinely held Brown in greater esteem than he did Cameron. In fact I don't think he rates Cameron very highly at all. But the Tories were clearly on the ascendancy so all aboard the band wagon.

Everyone wants to be on the winning side I suppose.
    I mentioned it before,but the harm done to the BBC by the Hutton enquiry was far worse than anything the Conservatives did during their tenure.
    My point is that both sides do their utmost to spin the media to their side.
    This will lead to accusations of bias and dust ups that you saw today.
    I bet the Conservatives have their own Alastair Campbell waiting in the wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

True that they have become Tory friendly since Brown took over no.10, but just ask people like George Galloway and Tony Benn how biased they were against them in interviews over the years. All because they would not lick up with the New Labour mandate!

In a way this is karma for creeps like Campbell who had the media in deference to him for too long! Boulton knows this firsthand!

I have no love for Labour, Campbell, brown or co. I've been especially disappointed with them since they followed Bush into Iraq. Though I've no doubt the Tories would have done any different.

But what irks me the most right now about the unholy conservative-murdoch coalition party is the prospect of the Britain and British politics mirroring America. Sky have already demonstrated their willingness to go the Fox news way in this election, and should Cameron get the opportunity to hamstring the BBC, it will only get worse, which in turn puts more power into the hands of Murdoch and his allies and allows them to engineer another Iraq type situation should they consider it profitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELJh2bTK1ew

This is an example of Kay Burley and Skys 'journalism'. Her line of questioning in that interview is close to moronic. They are slowly and surely becoming Fox news of the UK and there biased towards the Conservatives is very very clear. Murdoch media really is a disgrace.

And an hour later the table turns...

Advertisement