Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDO Mohill

Options
  • 09-05-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

27 in on Saturday and 32 in on Sunday.
    A few surprise results on Sunday with most of those expected to contest
    the closing stages knocked out before the semis.

Saturday Mens results:
    Semi-finals:
    Martin Heneghan (Mayo) 5-2 Steve McDonnell (Meath)
    Anthony Whoriskey (Donegal) 5-3 Connie Finnan (Limerick)
    Final:
    Martin Heneghan (Mayo) 6-2 Anthony Whoriskey (Donegal)

Sunday Results:
    Mens semi-finals:
    Michael Timmoney (Donegal) 5-4 Martin Heneghan (Mayo)
    Stephen Ganley (Longford) 5-2 John Edwards (Wicklow)

Mens final:
    Michael Timmoney (Donegal) 6-2 Stephen Ganley (Longford)

Ladies final:
    Olive McIntyre (Leitrim) 5-4 Nicola O'Donovan (Cork)

Youths final:
    Martin Brown (Roscommon) 2-0 Jack Morgan (Roscommon)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Forgot about this tournament been on probably due to a lack of information and promotion by the INDO. Not a great turnout for 1 of the major ranking INDO tournaments. Still some quality players in the last 4 on Saturday but Sunday was full of surprise results.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Thanks Vindaloo...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

27 and 32, There does be more on a saturday afternoon in Croughs, thats awful awful low

27 and 32, There does be more on a saturday afternoon in Croughs, thats awful awful low

Hard for people to go i suppose m8 if it aint advertised... Cant understand why they dont use this site, as alot of players use the forum here... But, who am i to tell them what to do.

Im sure the players that attend thses events dont mind so much... Sure, why wud u want more people at these events, is probably there thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

you've obviously never been to Mohill - the coldest place on the planet :D
    Dicie wrote: »
    Hard for people to go i suppose m8 if it aint advertised... Cant understand why they dont use this site, as alot of players use the forum here... But, who am i to tell them what to do.

Im sure the players that attend thses events dont mind so much... Sure, why wud u want more people at these events, is probably there thinking.

The fixtures go to county secretaries, they are supposed to distribute the info. They also use a text service - if they have your number.

Rumour has it they will soon be back into the 21st century again, with a new web site to replace the old site and crappy blog that they dont update.

For those interested, the planned Cork event June 12th/13th is cancelled (presumably no sponsorship money) so they are going back to Dungarvan that weekend to Lawlor's, full ranked singles both days. Last one in March attracted 27 and 18 I believe.

• Advertisement

vindaloo1 wrote: »
    you've obviously never been to Mohill - the coldest place on the planet :D

The fixtures go to county secretaries, they are supposed to distribute the info. They also use a text service - if they have your number.

Rumour has it they will soon be back into the 21st century again, with a new web site to replace the old site and crappy blog that they dont update.

For those interested, the planned Cork event June 12th/13th is cancelled (presumably no sponsorship money) so they are going back to Dungarvan that weekend to Lawlor's, full ranked singles both days. Last one in March attracted 27 and 18 I believe.

Wudda played cork as it only 15 mins away, thou i wudda been as welcome as a dose of the poxx on a cheap hooker no doubt...

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Dicie wrote: »
    Wudda played cork as it only 15 mins away, thou i wudda been as welcome as a dose of the poxx on a cheap hooker no doubt...

dunno why you feel this way mate unless you guys have history, while its not the most professional organistation, the games i've being to everyone has being very welcoming, including the boys who were running it. Full of chat and advice and made me feel at home straight away. That said even if they don't like you being there, they can't forbid you from entering and/or winning it. I'm sure if you pm any of the indo regulars here, vindaloo, ciarribhoy etc... they'll more than likely tell you the same thing I have and they frequent more than me.

I'm sure they'd like to have more players at these events and talking to some of the players who compete regularly in it they'd rather a larger turn out as it would make it more competitive. I cant understand some peoples reasoning that the likes of Finnan, Heneghan, McGowan etc.. don't want to play good players and want to keep it among themselves. And any of the ones i've spoken too have practically begged us to spread the word about, games, rankings and trying to promote it.

I posted the full 2010 schedule here in a thread not too long ago despite not being at a game since the John Kennedy in Sligo last November, so they are not that difficult to find (unlike the rankings which seem to be a secret....) A quick google of irish national darts organistation found the old site when everyone was moaning and saying that they didn't have one. Than when the website went down I found the blog within 5 minutes of googling ireland darts (granted a bit of notice would of bein nice).

A quick search of the blog 2 minutes ago and this seasons schedule is there for all to see. Heres whats left mate, although as above the Cork one has being changed.
    I.N.D.O. fixture list 2010,

JUNE
    CORK SUMMER FESTIVAL
    HOTEL MONTENOTTE CORK CITY
    I.N.D.O. FULL RANKED SINGLES
    SATURDAY 12th & SUNDAY 13th
    AUGUST
    MAYO DARTS CLASSIC
    THE MATTHEW GERAGHTY MEMORIAL CUP
    THE WELCOME INN, CASTLEBAR
    I.N.D.O. HALF RANKED
    SUNDAY 8th
    THE IRISH MASTERS
    THE WEST CO. HOTEL
    ENNIS CO. CLARE
    SATURDAY 21st MENS & LADIES DOUBLES
    SUNDAY 22nd THE IRISH MASTERS
    SEPTEMBER
    THE JOHN KENNEDY MEMORIAL SINGLES
    THE SLIGO SOUTHERN HOTEL
    SATURDAY 25th BLIND DOUBLES
    I.N.D.O. HALF RANKED
    SUNDAY 26th
    OCTOBER
    THE EUROPE CUP
    TURKEY
    WEDNESDAY 13th TO SATURDAY 16th
    THE CELTIC CUP
    THE ISLE OF MAN
    OCTOBER 23rd & 24th
    date to be confirmed
    WINMAU WORLD MASTERS
    & LAKESIDE QUALIFIERS
    HULL, ENGLAND
    THURSDAY 28th TO SUNDAY 31st
    THE IRISH NATIONAL SINGLES
    I.N.D.O. FULLY RANKED
    WEST CO. HOTEL, ENNIS
    "date to be confirmed"
    NOVEMBER
    LIMERICK CLASSIC SINGLES
    THE CARLTON CASTLETROY PARK HOTEL
    LIMERICK
    SATURDAY 13th, I.N.D.O. HALF RANKED,
    LIMERICK INVITEATIONAL INTER COUNTY CHALLENGE
    SUNDAY 14th
    MOHILL WINTER FESTIVAL
    RYANN VALLEY HOTEL, CO. LEITRIM
    SATURDAY 27th & SUNDAY 28th
    I.N.D.O. FULLY RANKED

http://www.roidarts.blogspot.com/ is the blog mate, so you never have to miss a game again. Its also got a number and email for the secretary/PRO and I'm sure he'll let you know whats going on or put you down on the text service mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Thanks for the info on the blog Padr81. I for one would like to see more info,news and results on INDO events on the forum here. A new website would be a welcome addition considering the state of the current site.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

dartbhoy wrote: »
    Thanks for the info on the blog Padr81. I for one would like to see more info,news and results on INDO events on the forum here. A new website would be a welcome addition considering the state of the current site.

the current site is gone, i think no one in the indo has any real computer nous and they are hoping on someone to do it for them for free.

Only thing I know about the rankings is that after this weekend, Martin Heneghan is 12 points clear of Connie at the top.

Advertisement