Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to send video data from a disc by email??

Options
  • 06-05-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry about the daft heading.

I have a DCR-DVD110. I have a video I would like to send to a friend. When I stick the mini disc into my PC it works grand. How do I manage to send it to my mate by email please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

format factory.

convert the disc to a video file.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

format factory.

cool, thanks. Will give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mikeydb

do u use pc or mac?

I would just right click an hit "compress and send"
    Then when your mate recieves the email he can burn it to disc and he will have an exact copy of what you have. This cuts out converting formats and stuff which can get complicated imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭johanz

Mikeydb wrote: »
    do u use pc or mac?

Then when your mate recieves the email he can burn it to disc and he will have an exact copy of what you have. This cuts out converting formats and stuff which can get complicated imo
    And also requires a spare disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Mikeydb wrote: »
    do u use pc or mac?

Might be too big to send by email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭FarmerGreen

Upload it to Rapidshare.com and give him the link.

I got notification of a reply to this topic but the reply isn't here. Was it spam or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Bob Z wrote: »
    I got notification of a reply to this topic but the reply isn't here. Was it spam or something?

There was a spam post removed I think alright.

If the file is too big to send by email then use something like RapidShare or YouSendit to deliver it. They're pretty easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Sorry about the daft heading.

I have a DCR-DVD110. I have a video I would like to send to a friend. When I stick the mini disc into my PC it works grand. How do I manage to send it to my mate by email please?

By the time this thread had given you a resolution, you could have burned a seperate DVD and sent it by post!

The above solutions should work fine.

You could also rip the DVD and upload that instead, no need for him to burn the disk.

Handbrake is pretty good for this, and you can make it a lower quality output fairly easily, reducing the file size significantly for e-mail / youtube etc

Format factory linked to above seems good, though I've personally never used it.

Either would be easy enough to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

S.Fleming wrote: »
    You also have FTP sites that you could use, but the best way for you is by using MSN.
    I suggest you strongly to use this way and not recommend you to download programs from the previous answers.

I wouldn't agree with that. Yousendit Rapidshare etc. are better than sending something using MSN.

• Advertisement

format factory.

What file type do you convert to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Bob Z wrote: »
    What file type do you convert to?

You could convert it to .mpeg / .mov / .avi (probably what it is though?) / .wmv

If you don't need it at the highest quality, you can pick a low quality preset form one of the programs listed. Might take a little time to transcode, but you'll have a far smaller file, suitable for e-mail when its done :)

Some of the programs will have a 'youtube' preset, which should reduce the file size and keep decent enough quality.

If its a fairly large file, the movie may still be ~100MB after conversion, so you may still need to you rapidshare / yousendit / drop.io to get the file across, but at least it will be a far smaller upload / download.

Advertisement