Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxygen 2010

Options
  • 02-05-2010 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Well lads, we all now at this stage that Jay-Z and a rejuvenated Eminem are confirmed to play Oxygen. Unfortunately it seems that Jigga is gona play Friday and Em the Sunday, really unfortunate as i would have loved to have seen Renegade live with perhaps the 2 of the most skilled MCs in the world.

Anyway, back on topic Just wondering how many of the hip-hop fans on this forum are going to this? I only want to see the 2 lads especially Em so wondering if I'm better off getting a one day ticket or get the 3 day rip-off so i can also see my eponymous hero. Opinions appreciated lads, thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

You should try working there for the weekend. I'm always hearing about my mates getting jobs in the weeks leading up to it, my brother did it last year too. No idea what they're working as but my brother was there for the weekend and saw all the acts he wanted and didn't pay a penny. Not sure if this is helpful to you but maybe something to think about. I'll ask him what work he was doing tomorrow.

If I had to choose one it'd probably be Eminem. I'm a huge fan of both but Eminem only comes here every 4-5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 heratio

At least u got in, we in our wisdom left tickets at home, we where in goffs car park when we figured out we forgot ticket to oxygen, i am in hotel room waiting for partner to get back with the ticket could be worse lol enjoy !!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Saw Jay last night beyond great. Tiny Tempa was packed and couldn't get in and the second half of Plan B set he did a cover of Tiny Tempa "Pass Out" with his band and some mix's and version of other songs. Really thought Plan B killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Missed it this year but looking forward to hearing what people thought of Em and Jay. What songs did they perform, anything special about their act, how long were they on for, etc.

Anyone else hear the rumors that Em wasn't going to show up?? Didn't pay any attention to them myself but I was at Snoop Dogg the other night and one of the security gaurds said it to me so I was thinking it might be true haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

How was Eminem's performance?What songs did he perform?I heard from some unreliable sources that he wasn't the best...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

I thought Eminem was great. I think the problem people had was he didn't play a lot of song from start to finish. He did only half of "Stan" and a mostly palyed the chours and first verse and chours of his other songs like "Real Slim Shady" "My name is" etc. He also did "aeroplanes" part 2 and his verse from "Forever". The D12 stuff was great and I thought Em was on fire all night.
    Hilltop Hoods played one of the smaller tents but they really killed it. A two man hip-hop crew from Australian place was jumping and going mad for them.
    Also a band called The Knux played as well on sunday. A bit of mix between hip-hop/rock but were a right laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Sickened I missed Jay but could only afford one day ticket. As John says Eminem was very good, fair play to him for waiting until after the World Cup final to come on! He even dedicated Sing for the Moment for an Irish fan who had died the day before and would have been there.

Prettyboy, the Setlist was the same posted in the "Eminem-T In The Park Setlist" thread except he did Forever verse rather than Smack That.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

missed oxygen completly serious lack of funds, doubth i will ever get a chance to see jayz or eminem again.

i did see snoop dogg the other night and im surprised he wasnt named at oxygen he was well good enough to be there he is quaility live.

anyone think jay or em will ever return?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

This probably sounds like a really stupid question but I was wondering did Eminem use the accent when he did 3 AM. I'm after listening to it there I think it's the only way he could possibly do it because the whole song is rather stoppy starty and his normal flow would seem awkward and disjointed over it. Would like to know did he drop the accent fully after all the noise he made on Recovery about it and how ****e it sounded in general

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

This probably sounds like a really stupid question but I was wondering did Eminem use the accent when he did 3 AM. I'm after listening to it there I think it's the only way he could possibly do it because the whole song is rather stoppy starty and his normal flow would seem awkward and disjointed over it. Would like to know did he drop the accent fully after all the noise he made on Recovery about it and how ****e it sounded in general
    Pretty sure he used it. The only songs he performed from Relapse was that, Beautiful and Crack a Bottle so there was no further uses of the accent.
    Funny though as he performed Cinderella Man including the line "fuck my last cd that shits in my trash"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

For all yall who like D-12 check out these awesome videos from their show at oxegen, i thought they rocked the set

• Registered Users Posts: 11 heratio

Finally got the tickets we went Sunday, enjoyed most of the acts Pablo Nutini was brilliant so was faithless, was unsure about eminem was he lip sinking not sure where were at the front, after it was finished we where sorry we missed mumford and sons. We had the best day no rain sorry we missed fatboy slim and jay-z heard they were brilliant !!!!

Advertisement