Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

round robin vs legs&sets vs legs

Options
  • 28-04-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

which type of game would you rather be playing . I enjoy playing all of them but my preference is to the sets .

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I prefer sets myself, if you make a crap start and lose the first few legs you are only a set down and can easily come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I prefer sets myself, if you make a crap start and lose the first few legs you are only a set down and can easily come back.

Agreed... Good one each feb in sshirleys in kilkenny, but a huge opening for a few more of these to pop up...After all, it is a game most darts players like... Specially if your travelling any distance, to play a game possibly best of 5 legs, dont make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

Dicie wrote: »
    Agreed... Good one each feb in sshirleys in kilkenny, but a huge opening for a few more of these to pop up...After all, it is a game most darts players like... Specially if your travelling any distance, to play a game possibly best of 5 legs, dont make any sense.

im going to try and run a comp in the near future and in tring to find out what the players want regards format .
    the legs and sets in kk this year was a poor turn out but i think that was because of the high entry fee and the fact that there was pro players playing in it the year before.

pejesus wrote: »
    im going to try and run a comp in the near future and in tring to find out what the players want regards format .
    the legs and sets in kk this year was a poor turn out but i think that was because of the high entry fee and the fact that there was pro players playing in it the year before.

For me it was the weather.... Im sure there wudda been at the very least 32 to 40 players there if it wasnt for the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gladiator180

pejesus wrote: »

You wouldnt like playing a pro over sets format?personal i would pay more than 50 euro if i knew i had the chance of playing a top pro over sets and legs format

• Advertisement

You wouldnt like playing a pro over sets format?personal i would pay more than 50 euro if i knew i had the chance of playing a top pro over sets and legs format

Specially the set up Joe has in shirleys, have played it 4 times i think (maybe more) and have to say ran well, and always good quality games....

Beat a few decent players aswell, with that sort of format gis you a chance to get into the game...

One in particular springs to mind, playing Ian Banks, a few weeks after he played in the world championships, over this format, giving it large at the bar what he was gonna do to me... He won 1 leg.... Marker wasnt bad that day either!!!!

Dicie wrote: »
    Specially the set up Joe has in shirleys, have played it 4 times i think (maybe more) and have to say ran well, and always good quality games....

Beat a few decent players aswell, with that sort of format gis you a chance to get into the game...

One in particular springs to mind, playing Ian Banks, a few weeks after he played in the world championships, over this format, giving it large at the bar what he was gonna do to me... He won 1 leg.... Marker wasnt bad that day either!!!!

i believe the marker was fantastic.good looking fella too...was on the board down in the shed, last one on the right if memory serves me correctly. have been present at every sets and legs tournament and witnessed some fantastic games there. called last years final between shane o connor and pie man. great game, shane had shot at 48 to win..never grudge pie the win tho, lovely chap...however my favourite game was the final between aodhagan o neill and benny grace. benny had darts to win 3 sets to nil and aodhagan checked 117 to save the game and then in following leg checked 167. went 2 sets all and 2 legs all. eventually o neill won it.got bet by roy baille this year myself, 3 1...hard player to play, very consistant and deadly on the doubles...gladiator will be back!:D

i believe the marker was fantastic.good looking fella too...was on the board down in the shed, last one on the right if memory serves me correctly. have been present at every sets and legs tournament and witnessed some fantastic games there. called last years final between shane o connor and pie man. great game, shane had shot at 48 to win..never grudge pie the win tho, lovely chap...however my favourite game was the final between aodhagan o neill and benny grace. benny had darts to win 3 sets to nil and aodhagan checked 117 to save the game and then in following leg checked 167. went 2 sets all and 2 legs all. eventually o neill won it.got bet by roy baille this year myself, 3 1...hard player to play, very consistant and deadly on the doubles...gladiator will be back!:D

Lets not go over board here....:D:D

Think best game i seen was Maish and Catcart... Real dinger... Your right bout Roy, real steady, most legs going in 18 darts, wont be far off that in every leg he plays, plus the odd 14 or 15 darter...

Gladiator will be back no doubt... Worst luck!!!!;)

i was actually being very modest!must have been hard for ya to play such a long game with a marker with such charisma:p

i was actually being very modest!must have been hard for ya to play such a long game with a marker with such charisma:p

good luck this weekend:)

• Advertisement

cheers man.looking forward to it.will be brandishing the suit:cool:

cheers man.looking forward to it.will be brandishing the suit:cool:

Ahhhhhhhh, the suit.... And not a court case or a judge in sight......

Advertisement