Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Smithwick's Vegetarian?

Options
  • 27-04-2010 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Can't find diageo's customer service number ANYWHERE on the web.

Anyone know off-hand if it's vegetarian?

Thanks,

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Not according to this: http://barnivore.com/beer/694/Smithwicks. A rather acquired taste regardless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Balls. Was thinking of taking it up as it looks nice.

Saw that email on the net alright, but was hoping that maybe there was other evidence stating the contrary.

Not to worry. Heineken it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

No it uses isinglass as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Carlsberg ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

What about Galway Hooker Ale - I'm presuming from your location that it would be a local brew (don't know if its vegetarian/vegan though - you could check with the brewery). There's plenty of good bottled beers out there that are vegetarian too such as Sam Adams Boston Ale which isn't a million miles away from Smithwicks in that it's closer to Smithwicks than it is to Heineken or Carlsberg. Another one I've just seen coming on the market which I used to drink is Goose Island Honkers Ale. Seems to be dearer than the Sam Adams though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement