Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Darts forum

Options
  • 26-04-2010 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Biggest darts forum on the net closes its doors due to cyber space bullying.....

Stars of darts forum owner Andy Fairclough has closed the doors today on the forum, due to many threats of violence upon himself and other forum users...

Big shame, because it was a place where all players and fans cud meet up, and alot of info was had to be had there..I know Andy reads these pages, so,

All the best Andy

Dicie

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jaysus that's ridiculous carry on from whoever was making the threats. I didn't frequent that site often because it was more geared towards talking about Pro tournaments where as this one is more about the rank and file darts player but it was a good site with plenty of support and it can only be bad that it's shutting down.

Maybe something will be sorted and it will open up again the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Yeah had a look at it, have not being on that site in a good few months! Surprised though, here is what it says;

Board Offline

This board is currently offline.

Superstars of Darts is now permanently closed.

I tried to make the announcement on the forum this morning giving as much notice as possible to members (a few months), but the usual suspects are crawling out of the woodwork as posting abuse on the forum and I believe they are being egged on by the idiots on the forum that has dragged darts into the gutter.

Therefore I am left with little option but to permanently close SoD with immediate effect as I don't have time to monitor what is going on and deal with the abuse posted by a few sad individuals.

Very sorry to those who have posted and enjoyed SoD over the past 5 and a half years. For the most part its been fun, although soured a bit over the past few months.

Well done to the cyber bullies.

Andy

NOTE : Those who have invested in the player sponsor scheme should be able to communicate via email with Dave Ahmet. If you paid by paypal you will have his email address and no doubt he will be in touch. Alternatively I can put you in touch with him (my email address in the banner above)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Don't know the specifics of this but could he not just permaban them from the forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Seems a bit drastic

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

Undoubtedly was the best darts forum, used to read it daily since it first prospered after the Phil Taylor forum turned into a shambles.

I don't know the man at all but having observed some of his posts Andy seems to have a penchant for knee-jerk reactions and self-pity. Hopefully the forum will be able to re-open under different owners/administrators as the online darts world will be a poorer place without it.
    What are alternative forums so for reading on professional darts?
    This forum is a decent forum for BDO related tournaments and some PDC talk: http://bdoforums.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dartsfan

And now it's back up, what did I say!

Having listened to a number of our loyal forum members who have been with us for most of the past 5 and a half years, I have decided to reinstate the forum for a few days to allow people to keep in contact with each other and make other arrangements.

The forum will close at the end of the week.

Seems to be a temporary thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

Thats a shame and a major loss to all us darts fans. I honestly hope this problem can be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Seems very childish behaviour to me by Andy, why doesnt he just call it a day himself and hand over the reigns to somebody else.

Depending on the traffic i could probably easily host it on my current hosting package

his complaint is tossers posting

thats what moderators are for????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Dymo

dartsfan wrote: »
    Undoubtedly was the best darts forum, used to read it daily since it first prospered after the Phil Taylor forum turned into a shambles.

I don't know the man at all but having observed some of his posts Andy seems to have a penchant for knee-jerk reactions and self-pity.

Thats exactly his problem, I used to be a regular there until the whole site is dictated by Andy. The discussion of darts players playing badly is out lawed and a discussion is is not allowed unless it agrees with AndyF. Taking the site off line is just another instance of him proving who's boss.

I don't look at the forum very often now, I find www.dartsforum.co.uk better .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dymo wrote: »
    The discussion of darts players playing badly is out lawed

That's why I never looked at it. I mean what sort of site doesn't let you say so or so is playing rubbish darts at the moment. It was far too sanitised. Anyway we have enough discussion on this site for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Dymo wrote: »
    Thats exactly his problem, I used to be a regular there until the whole site is dictated by Andy. The discussion of darts players playing badly is out lawed and a discussion is is not allowed unless it agrees with AndyF. Taking the site off line is just another instance of him proving who's boss.

I don't look at the forum very often now, I find www.dartsforum.co.uk better .

www.dartsforum.co.uk, is just a bunch of complete idiots with no brains, especially one or two regualrs who post nothing but complete ****e and rave about Robbie Green cause he posts there. Pure rubbish imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

padr81 wrote: »
    www.dartsforum.co.uk, is just a bunch of complete idiots with no brains, especially one or two regualrs who post nothing but complete ****e and rave about Robbie Green cause he posts there. Pure rubbish imho.

http://dartsfreak.com/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics&sid=97d21414c1a7dfc5b1d88c91f305e73c

New home for most of the stars of darts crew. If its any good to you.

Ok lads I'm gonna lock this.

I don't want this thread to turn into an advertisement for other darts forums.

Can't have you all jumping ship :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement