Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Enlargement ceremony, 1 May 2004

Options
  • 24-04-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi folks,

For a small research project on political pagentry, I'm looking for (in decreasing order of interest) video, photo, or descriptions of the ceremony held in Phoenix Park, Dublin on 1 May 2004 when the EU officially added ten new members (largely from central and eastern Europe). Does anyone know of sources? Was anyone there? Do you have photos/videos/descriptions of their own to share? The Irish Times and RTE have both not been particularly helpful, and I've sent an email to the Department of Foreign Affairs, but no luck so far.

You can send me photos etc. off board at phoenixpark2004 at hotmail.com . Thanks!

Roger

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check After Hours and Politics for that time frame. I'm sure I was moaning about the exclusion zone and planning on bombing Farmleigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Rogerwilco wrote: »
    Hi folks,

For a small research project on political pagentry, I'm looking for (in decreasing order of interest) video, photo, or descriptions of the ceremony held in Phoenix Park, Dublin on 1 May 2004 when the EU officially added ten new members (largely from central and eastern Europe). Does anyone know of sources? Was anyone there? Do you have photos/videos/descriptions of their own to share? The Irish Times and RTE have both not been particularly helpful, and I've sent an email to the Department of Foreign Affairs, but no luck so far.

You can send me photos etc. off board at phoenixpark2004 at hotmail.com . Thanks!

Roger

I have to wonder how hard you looked, its all on the RTÉ website.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0501/eu.html

Video and everything there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MysNthR0p3

I have to wonder how hard you looked, its all on the RTÉ website.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0501/eu.html

Video and everything there.

Ouch. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rogerwilco

Oppenheimer, I saw that RTE link, of course. I do know how to Google. It's really not very much information all. I was hoping that other people had more information - such as a full video of the ceremony. If anyone has information, I'd appreciate it if you'd send it. If you have snark, you can hold off, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Rogerwilco wrote: »
    Oppenheimer, I saw that RTE link, of course. I do know how to Google. It's really not very much information all. I was hoping that other people had more information - such as a full video of the ceremony. If anyone has information, I'd appreciate it if you'd send it. If you have snark, you can hold off, thanks.

index.asp?id=5387

Photos like this? The EU commission press office might be able to help, but then again try www.eu2004.ie on the wayback machine and you'll find all the official press photos from the ceremony. But sure you probably thought of that already.

• Advertisement
Advertisement