Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone sitting BS2 Exams?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Butters111

Maybe I missed it... but why did he give us the IRR equation if there was no Q on it! the exam wasn't bad hope everyone got on well!:) Now for marketing, how long should our answers be... given that there's three to answer not proper essay length?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Butters111 wrote: »
    Maybe I missed it... but why did he give us the IRR equation if there was no Q on it! the exam wasn't bad hope everyone got on well!:) Now for marketing, how long should our answers be... given that there's three to answer not proper essay length?

Dunno bout the IRR thing, I guess he just went with payback instead. I was actually happy not to see it as I think i would have made a mess of it, still though bit of effort for nothing :rolleyes:. I'm happy enough with how the exam went, thought the paper was decent enough apart from sec3 which i struggles with, anyway happy to have it over with. For marketing I think the answers would be more points and illustrations/examples rather than long essay type answers like economics. I certainly wont be writing essay's anyway as i am just covering a lot of this stuff for the first time now. Just trying to remember the main points and examples of methods. What main topics are people covering? I've been just doing the sample paper form moodle hoping that the questions will be similar. Some people are saying focus groups an questionnaires are likely.

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Dunno bout the IRR thing, I guess he just went with payback instead. I was actually happy not to see it as I think i would have made a mess of it, still though bit of effort for nothing :rolleyes:. I'm happy enough with how the exam went, thought the paper was decent enough apart from sec3 which i struggles with, anyway happy to have it over with. For marketing I think the answers would be more points and illustrations/examples rather than long essay type answers like economics. I certainly wont be writing essay's anyway as i am just covering a lot of this stuff for the first time now. Just trying to remember the main points and examples of methods. What main topics are people covering? I've been just doing the sample paper form moodle hoping that the questions will be similar. Some people are saying focus groups an questionnaires are likely.

Yeah I found it really hard to remember things for that 25 marker!! Maybe the effort will pay off in our final year ,if we have any finance modules!! Yeah I heard alot of people are just doin the sample paper. I've done up to lecture five. Gonna see what I can get done from there. finding it so hard to concentrate on this stuff!

Anyone know what's the difference between self completed and researcher administrated survey methods?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Meat

I'm assuming the self-completed ones are where you give a sheet to a person to fill out themselves and conversely, the researcher-adminstered survey is where the researched asks the person questions verbally and fills in for them.

• Advertisement

Meat wrote: »
    I'm assuming the self-completed ones are where you give a sheet to a person to fill out themselves and conversely, the researcher-adminstered survey is where the researched asks the person questions verbally and fills in for them.

Thanks!

Where in the slides does it go through the measuring types of questions for the sample questionnaire in the sample paper where you have to identify which type it is? Can't find anything on this?

Where in the slides does it go through the measuring types of questions for the sample questionnaire in the sample paper where you have to identify which type it is? Can't find anything on this?

It's in Week 8

It's in Week 8

thanks

I just cannot seem to get this question where you have to identify the type of measurement used on the attached sample questionnaire. Does anybody have the answers for these?

• Advertisement

I just cannot seem to get this question where you have to identify the type of measurement used on the attached sample questionnaire. Does anybody have the answers for these?

Ok this is what I think:

1) Interval?
    2) Nominal- think name, anything that has a name of something as an answer is nominal
    3) Nominal- not 100 % sure
    4) Likert Scale or interval again not sure :rolleyes:
    5) Nominal? not 100% sure
    6) Semantic differential scale
    7) Nominal
    8) Ratio- because age has an absolute zero: we can say an eight year old is twice as old as a 4 year old

Sorry just realised how much I'm confused too... only know like four for definite :rolleyes: hope that's some help

Ok this is what I think:

1) Interval?
    2) Nominal- think name, anything that has a name of something as an answer is nominal
    3) Nominal- not 100 % sure
    4) Likert Scale or interval again not sure :rolleyes:
    5) Nominal? not 100% sure
    6) Semantic differential scale
    7) Nominal
    8) Ratio- because age has an absolute zero: we can say an eight year old is twice as old as a 4 year old

Sorry just realised how much I'm confused too... only know like four for definite :rolleyes: hope that's some help

Thanks this helps alot :)

I'm actually shocked that we have to study this sort of crap! Some of it is absurd, like online focus groups, I mean what theory can be applied here only the fact that they are the same as regular focus groups only done on a ****ing computer!! Oh my god, such ****e:mad: roll on tomorrow evening!!!!:)

I'm actually shocked that we have to study this sort of crap! Some of it is absurd, like online focus groups, I mean what theory can be applied here only the fact that they are the same as regular focus groups only done on a ****ing computer!! Oh my god, such ****e:mad: roll on tomorrow evening!!!!:)

Ha i hear ya! dreading this :( only 20 something more hours to freedom though :)! Good luck!

Ha i hear ya! dreading this :( only 20 something more hours to freedom though :)! Good luck!

Ah i've a felling we'll all be ok, 2 hours is a long time to come up with some decent waffle. Good luck to you too!

Hope marketing went well, horrible 2 hours of complete waffling but managed to incorporate some of the right points (i hope) in to the answers so that should do it. Hardly have it in me for the last one and once again haven't looked at much. I've answers written out from a few weeks back that Im gonna look over 2nite and tomoro so hopefully I can bink my 14% and go happily in to the summer:)

I have environment, culture, and structure notes so I'm thinking maybe just as much about these topics as I can. Anyone know what the general topics are that you should study?

P.s, can't believe I'm so unprepared and yet only need 14%, its so bad, I blame that economics lecturer for tricking people in to learning off 11 essays!:rolleyes:

Hope marketing went well, horrible 2 hours of complete waffling but managed to incorporate some of the right points (i hope) in to the answers so that should do it. Hardly have it in me for the last one and once again haven't looked at much. I've answers written out from a few weeks back that Im gonna look over 2nite and tomoro so hopefully I can bink my 14% and go happily in to the summer:)

I have environment, culture, and structure notes so I'm thinking maybe just as much about these topics as I can. Anyone know what the general topics are that you should study?

P.s, can't believe I'm so unprepared and yet only need 14%, its so bad, I blame that economics lecturer for tricking people in to learning off 11 essays!:rolleyes:

Yeah I'd say I did enough enough to pass too :) might surprise myself yet! Don't think there's any topics in particular that are more likely or anythin so its all about doin as much as we can in the time we have left! that's my exuse anyway! I need like 12.5% (to be exact!) and this subject is very waffle worthy... I think it's manageable. Remember to constantly refer it to an organisation, that's half the marks! sure we'll be flying :P I'm really glad i came across this thread, would have been a lot more cluless without it!! :)

And yeah agreed that man really made us learn that stuff!!! no more exams for a very long time!! :)

Remember to constantly refer it to an organisation, that's half the marks!

Lol :D yeah I know what ya mean, rite I better get busy reading so, very best of luck and enjoy the summer!! Hopefully this thread will not be active in August :)

Lol :D yeah I know what ya mean, rite I better get busy reading so, very best of luck and enjoy the summer!! Hopefully this thread will not be active in August :)

Ha I'm sure it won't be! yeah you too! good luck stranger!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Meat

Are you looking for the examinable subjects or asking for hints? Hints I cannot provide, but if you didn't already know, there's seven topics in her slides:
    • Introduction to Organisation Theory
    • The External Environment
    • Innovation & Change
    • Organisation Structure and Design
    • Conflict Power and Politics
    • Decision Making
    • Organisational Culture and Ethical Values
    If I remember correctly, she said there'll be four questions, answer two. So I guess if you know five topics perfectly, you'll be safe.
    You may know this already, but I think we're meant to ignore last year's paper and use the previous one as a base instead.

• Advertisement
Advertisement