Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Luther [** Spoilers From Post #175 Onwards **]

Comments

• Season Two more or less shits on Season One. I envy you, getting to see it all for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

Just got into this recently myself. Only one episode of series two left to watch. Great news about series three.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Season Two more or less shits on Season One. I envy you, getting to see it all for the first time.

After glancing through this thread last Friday, I started Luther over the weekend and got through the first 3 episodes of season 1. If season 2 is even better, then I'm in for a serious treat - the first half of season 1 was phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ You lucky lucky duck.. some amazing telly ahead of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

4 episodes in to season 1 and I`m loving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Finished season 2 and while i enjoyed it, i much preferred season 1.

• adox wrote: »
    Finished season 2 and while i enjoyed it, i much preferred season 1.

I'm just rewatching the last two episodes of Season 2 and I think it's brilliant. There's just so many completely memorable scenes in it -
    The beginning of the third episode, where the killer walks on to the forecourt. It was so well shot.
    When the guy walks into the office and just attacks and sprays people completely at random and then willingly gives himself up when caught
    The end of that episode, where its revealed that there is a twin, who kills randomly in the train station
    In the fourth episode, where the second killer climbs into a random car and slaughters everyone in it
    When he's walking through the streets of London with the bomb attached to himself

Those two episodes alone produced more tense, twisted and thrilling (alliteration man.. yeaah!) moments than most other shows and yet it still isn't as widely recognized yet, I don't think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

Season 3 has a "placeholder" June 11th start date now.

https://www.facebook.com/LutherBBC

They've left it to long, same with sherlock, the big gaps are ruining them.

Season 2 was shyte.

Cannot wait, but where's the June 11th start date mentioned?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭Prof Nincom Poop Ph.D

Basq wrote: »
    Cannot wait, but where's the June 11th start date mentioned?

On phone but Geektown has it as TBC june 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Saw an ad on Alibi during the week for series 1 of Luther. Can't remember what date it will begin (they don't show any start date on their website that I can see).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Just got an email via the excellent SKY NEVER MISS.

Luther, from season 1, begins next Thursday 30th May @ 9pm on ALIBI (channel 196) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ruth Wilson is back as Alice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

My episode planner is showing September 3rd for the start of season 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BBC 1 advertising it as coming in July

Mr E wrote: »
    My episode planner is showing September 3rd for the start of season 3.
    BBC America announced that as a start date on Facebook earlier this week..

.. but an advert (similar to above) on BBC is quoting a July start date alright.

Cannot wait. Girlfriend has never seen it so a rewatch is on order.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PaddyPope

This show has been popping up in my recommendations on Netflix ever since I finished Sherlock and I've wanted to start it. Is it worth the watch yeah? I'd be into the likes of Breaking Bad, Sherlock, The Wire, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire etc. so I reckon I'll enjoy it.

• PaddyPope wrote: »
    This show has been popping up in my recommendations on Netflix ever since I finished Sherlock and I've wanted to start it. Is it worth the watch yeah? I'd be into the likes of Breaking Bad, Sherlock, The Wire, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire etc. so I reckon I'll enjoy it.

Check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

This is next for me after the wire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Yay...
    Alice
    is back

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

Footoo wrote: »
    Yay...
    Alice
    is back

i know. I'm super excited about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

TVrage showing Series 3 starting on 2nd July :)

http://www.tvrage.com/Luther

Hopefully that's accurate.

And it's been confirmed!

BNIGaolCMAIp5jq.jpg:large

Back tonight. Can't wait! :)

Cannot wait either..

.. but have the previous 10 episodes (6 in season 1, 4 in season 2) in HD that I never got to rewatch.. so might Sky+ and binge at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Currently making my way through series 2 at the moment, for the first time. I didnt even know the third series was so close to starting, fantastic timing on my part!

Really, really enjoying it so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Lads I know Luther starts up again tonight on BBC 1 but does anyone know if it is repeated later in the week?

A few people have said the American show Suits was decent . I watched the first episode last week on Network 2 and tbh I wasn't that impressed but said I'd give it another week .
    The prob is that both shows are on at the same time now 9pm (I've no recorder).

Is one of them repeated later in the week?
    If not, is Suits really worth missing Luther for ..... in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Luther is so mych better than suits.
    I didnt get on with suits at all, whereas luther is fantastic

• Advertisement

Luther, quite frankly, "wee-wees" all over Suits..

.. but then again, I only watched the first season of Suits and didn't really get the love for it.

Advertisement