Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Explodes in Northern Ireland - Newtownhamilton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

latest says 3 injuries and apparently shots fired at the station just before the explosion

• Registered Users Posts: 81,697 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

All it takes is a handful of c*nts to stir up a bunch of sh*t.

shots? Who's injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Nobody injured in the attack as far as I know, but local people terrorised and luckily the station appears to have been unoccupied.

These people are just common criminals, using these tactics to deflect away from their nefarious smuggling rackets.

No doubt the usual apologists and four green field merchants will appear out of the woodwork or from under slates to bat on their behalf, but most reasonable and moderate people ,like myself ,see it as organised criminality and should be treated as such.

No need to glorify these thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I label lightly but this crew I would label as criminals. Do they really have no conscience? There has been enough trouble and strife on this little island, we need peace now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

To McNulty and other apologists,

I really hope you all twist and contort in a most painful manner in the eternity you'll surely spend in hell. No amount of condemnation can convey how much I hold you thugs in contempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Exile 1798

Nobody injured in the attack as far as I know, but local people terrorised and luckily the station appears to have been unoccupied.

These people are just common criminals, using these tactics to deflect away from their nefarious smuggling rackets.

No doubt the usual apologists and four green field merchants will appear out of the woodwork or from under slates to bat on their behalf, but most reasonable and moderate people ,like myself ,see it as organised criminality and should be treated as such.

No need to glorify these thugs.

In all seriousness – we have a very good case against dissident, Physical force Republicans – why do you undermine it with absurd claims about criminality that even the most ignorant person knows are nothing more then propaganda?

Do you really suppose that these Republicans sit around and think to themselves "how can we distract authorities from our criminal empire – ah, I know! Let’s bomb some police stations and shoot some soldiers!"

The problem with this sort of propaganda is it is so obvious and pathetic that it makes the people propagating it look like the bad guys and the people it's meant to discredit look like the good guys…. Do you really want to aid the dissident cause?

Exile 1798 wrote: »
    In all seriousness – we have a very good case against dissident, Physical force Republicans – why do you undermine it with absurd claims about criminality that even the most ignorant person knows are nothing more then propaganda?

Do you really suppose that these Republicans sit around and think to themselves "how can we distract authorities from our criminal empire – ah, I know! Let’s bomb some police stations and shoot some soldiers!"

The problem with this sort of propaganda is it is so obvious and pathetic that it makes the people propagating it look like the bad guys and the people it's meant to discredit look like the good guys…. Do you really want to aid the dissident cause?

Exile 1798... says it all really

Who are these 'Republicans' you seem to revere.

your point is obtuse to say the least.

My point is that the people perpetrating these attacks are nothing more than common criminals, only interested in advancing their own warped ideals, and more importantly shrouding their criminal activities

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

The animals behind the 'cause' might geninely believe in 'unification', but its well known they fund their 'struggle' through black market deals.

I suppose you could ask the question - who came first, the chicken or the egg?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Denerick wrote: »
    The animals behind the 'cause' might geninely believe in 'unification', but its well known they fund their 'struggle' through black market deals.

I suppose you could ask the question - who came first, the chicken or the egg?

Yes Denerick would agree, but do you not see how much more reasoned your post is than flutterinbantam's? That's what exile was responding to

Yes Denerick would agree, but do you not see how much more reasoned your post is than flutterinbantam's? That's what exile was responding to

All I can say is that it is the strangest interpretation of a post I have ever encountered.

All these people are linked up, can't you see that.

• Advertisement

All I can say is that it is the strangest interpretation of a post I have ever encountered.

All these people are linked up, can't you see that.

I'm not objecting to you saying attacking police/army is criminal. But i think its silly to say they're only doing that to divert from money-making criminality

Exile 1798... says it all really

Who are these 'Republicans' you seem to revere.

your point is obtuse to say the least.

My point is that the people perpetrating these attacks are nothing more than common criminals, only interested in advancing their own warped ideals, and more importantly shrouding their criminal activities

;)

I understand your point perfectly, no need to re-state it.

The problem is that your argument is laughable and pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

F*c4ing sh1theads.

I understand your point perfectly, no need to re-state it.

The problem is that your argument is laughable and pathetic.

Your problem my friend is that you know my argument is true.

There is a large coterie of let's say 'shady operators' working in that area in and around XMG,they have no more interest in the four green fields than I have,but what the have an interest in is lining their pockets at an alarming rate by smuggling and criminality.

Now you don't strike me at too naive or not streetwise ,but your replies frankly smack of those of an innocent teenager.

wake up and look at what is happening.;)

There is a large coterie of let's say 'shady operators' working in that area in and around XMG,they have no more interest in the four green fields than I have,but what the have an interest in is lining their pockets at an alarming rate by smuggling and criminality.

Now you don't strike me at too naive or not streetwise ,but your replies frankly smack of those of an innocent teenager.

So why not act like normal criminals and have underlings do all the work so they never get caught?

Maybe the limerick gangs will catch on in a while and start a marxist revolution to distract from the heroin sales.

Are you trolling or actually just forcing yourself to believe your own bullsh*t?

So why not act like normal criminals and have underlings do all the work so they never get caught?

Maybe the limerick gangs will catch on in a while and start a marxist revolution to distract from the heroin sales.

Are you trolling or actually just forcing yourself to believe your own bullsh*t?

I always find it amazing that some people can't see what is under noses

http://www.infinityjournal.com/article.php?article=93

Right. I an innocent kid.:eek:

It is you who believe – and want others to believe – that dissident Republicans are petty criminals who attempt to kill police officers as a strategy to distract the State and police from their criminal activities.

This is both absurd and illogical. Obviously the very opposite is true, attacking police is the quickest way to attract a clamp down on organized crime operations.

When you originally made your absurd claim I genuinely thought it was a conscious effort in propaganda, which is why I merely pointed out to you that it made for very poor, counter productive propaganda. It now seems you actually believe what you're saying, which is a little concerning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Don't go casting slurs on criminality in my county, thank you very much....especially since some of the so-called republicans that you seem to revere/excuse brought murder to a quiet main street while trying to rob money.

They used the "republican" card to deflect from the criminality of that despicable act, so FlutteringBantam has a point.

Act like thugs and criminals, and then every so often create a tentative link to a supposed "cause" in order to distract from the fact that they are common criminals.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Don't go casting slurs on criminality in my county, thank you very much....especially since some of the so-called republicans that you seem to revere/excuse brought murder to a quiet main street while trying to rob money.

What are you on about? Did you read post #12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭StudentDad

Ah the criminal bastards strike again. I'd love to know what exactly goes through their minds before they decide to blow up a car outside a police station. Is it a case of nothing better to do? Do they get bored? Some bright spark pipes up on a quiet saturday evening, 'hey lads lets go and blow something up.' The sooner these criminals are behind bars the better.

If they have some political motivation it doesn't make a whole lot of sense - From where I'm sitting it goes something like this - 1) The majority of people in NI and the ROI are happy with the way things are - 2) As far as the citizens of this island are concerned we're just a bunch of terrorist/criminal thugs - 3) They're all wrong and to prove them wrong we're going to blow things up and kill people - they're sure to agree with us then.

Bloody morons.

SD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

What are you on about? Did you read post #12

That would be where you said...
    I'm not objecting to you saying attacking police/army is criminal.

Maybe I misread your stance, but the phrasing certainly appears to have a "sympathetic" slant - the acceptable phrasing would be "I'd agree that attacking police/army is criminal".

If I misread it, then my apologies, but I don't know anyone who would phrase it the way that you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Lads, ye's are going in circles, arguing about definitions of criminality.

The fact of the matter is that their overall aim is indeed to get a 32 county Ireland, but they've a warped (and quite frankly scary) plan to get it. It's been calm up north lately, and sectarian tensions have been hidden, not gone. However many people up North do want a united Ireland. People see armed rebellion as the only way of achieving this. To recruit an army/rebel organisation/terrorist org/criminal gang they need to get an appetite for a fight in the NI population. Ramping up tensions by doing stuff like this will bring it all to the fore.

If they prompt a violent response from the PSNI or the British Army all hell will break lose, and they'll have ignited another chapter to the Irish revolutionary struggle.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    That would be where you said...

Maybe I misread your stance, but the phrasing certainly appears to have a "sympathetic" slant - the acceptable phrasing would be "I'd agree that attacking police/army is criminal".

If I misread it, then my apologies, but I don't know anyone who would phrase it the way that you did.

I was trying to be crystal clear to a rather evasive poster about what I was saying. Sorry for mentioning Limerick but look at it this way a dissident republican sympathiser would never say "I'm not objecting to you saying attacking police/army is criminal"

I was trying to be crystal clear to a rather evasive poster about what I was saying. Sorry for mentioning Limerick but look at it this way a dissident republican sympathiser would never say "I'm not objecting to you saying attacking police/army is criminal"

Rubbish,and you know it.

They people agitating in the North right now are nothing more than criminal thugs, using the chaos they create as a cover to carry out criminal acts like fuel smuggling, drugs and fags.

They have no mandate from anyone other than the '4 green fields' merchants who are great warriors in the pubs, but when confronted by the BA it's a different story.

take a look around you friend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Rubbish,and you know it.

They people agitating in the North right now are nothing more than criminal thugs, using the chaos they create as a cover to carry out criminal acts like fuel smuggling, drugs and fags.

What chaos? How does bombing police stations and shooting soldiers equate with trying to cover up criminality. As BOS has stated, if they were interested in solely committing crime for the sake of profit then that's what they'd do á la Limerick gangs, they wouldn't bother their holes with any sort of patriotic trappings. You wouldn't catch a common criminal engaging in any unlawful action along that nature if it didn't result in profit for them. The fact is people join the likes of the Real IRA or ONH or whoever for the same reason people always joined conspiratorial groups, it isn't a new phenomenon. That doesn't mean there aren't people in those groups who are tramps, nor does it necessarily sanitise their actions; but it doesn't change the fact that their raison d'etre is not anything remotely like the raison d'etre of the likes of the McCarthy-Dundons.

Of course for someone like yourself you desperately need to rationalise the current campaign as one committed by "godfathers", "corner boys", "ragamuffins" , "drug dealers" etc; the same story was told about Irish Republicans back in the 18th Century as well. The hilarious thing about this nonsense though, is how needless it actually is. You can condemn someone based on the actual realities of their actions without having to bring in a load of spoof like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

They will never win. No surrender.

FTA69 wrote: »
    What chaos? How does bombing police stations and shooting soldiers equate with trying to cover up criminality. As BOS has stated, if they were interested in solely committing crime for the sake of profit then that's what they'd do á la Limerick gangs, they wouldn't bother their holes with any sort of patriotic trappings. You wouldn't catch a common criminal engaging in any unlawful action along that nature if it didn't result in profit for them. The fact is people join the likes of the Real IRA or ONH or whoever for the same reason people always joined conspiratorial groups, it isn't a new phenomenon. That doesn't mean there aren't people in those groups who are tramps, nor does it necessarily sanitise their actions; but it doesn't change the fact that their raison d'etre is not anything remotely like the raison d'etre of the likes of the McCarthy-Dundons.

Of course for someone like yourself you desperately need to rationalise the current campaign as one committed by "godfathers", "corner boys", "ragamuffins" , "drug dealers" etc; the same story was told about Irish Republicans back in the 18th Century as well. The hilarious thing about this nonsense though, is how needless it actually is. You can condemn someone based on the actual realities of their actions without having to bring in a load of spoof like.

Recently there were bomb alerts on the Motorway underpass in Belfast and several others on the railway line.

Now I doubt very much if you are interested ,but those events tied up upwards of 100 police people.

That's 100 less to keep an eye on the tankers leaving the yards in the XMG area and heading to Cork.

Take a look around you pal and don't be taking people for idiots;)

That's 100 less to keep an eye on the tankers leaving the yards in the XMG area and heading to Cork.

XMG? Have you been at those Andy McNab books again?

Funnily enough those who are smuggling industrial amounts of oil etc aren't currently prosecuting any campaign. Go figure.
    Take a look around you pal

I've been involved in Republicanism since my early teens, I think I know what I'm on about.
    and don't be taking people for idiots

Oh there's plenty of them around alright.

FTA69 wrote: »
    XMG? Have you been at those Andy McNab books again?

Funnily enough those who are smuggling industrial amounts of oil etc aren't currently prosecuting any campaign. Go figure.

I've been involved in Republicanism since my early teens, I think I know what I'm on about.

Oh there's plenty of them around alright.

Sure there are, people who are involved in violence and criminality whilst waving the 'Four green Fields Flag' over their heads in the hope that intelligent people won't cop on to what they are up to.

The unemployed and undereducated are suckers for that kind of stuff.

Those of us who can rationalise can see through the cant and rhetoric these people spout.

Not suggesting for a moment that you fall into those categories, but blind idealism will always blind you to reality;)

• Advertisement

Yeah I get what you're saying.

"Come fellows, lets keep our covert criminal enterprise in profit by coming into direct armed confrontation with two states and drawing international attention to our activities."

They're some Machiavellian b*stards alright. Hopefully Our Boys will be able to slot a few of them around XMG sometime soon. Those types need a firm British hand.

Advertisement