Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ever got into a fight for the girl?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Gillington wrote: »
    I myself would be pissed off but my first reaction would not be to smack a girl in the face.

Yes smacking her one was a bit OTT but I hope you let her know if it happens again you won't be coming to her rescue. At the very least she should've been turfed out of the club too.
    nedtheshed wrote: »
    A bite on the hand is hardly being attacked is it?
    There is a Drama forum around here somewhere you know.

I would much rather be flat out punched than bitten by some randomer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Last time I was in a fight for a girl was when I was 12! :D I won the fight (against my best friend at the time! :D) But he still got the girl because I decided I liked her friend after the fight! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

prinz wrote: »
    I would much rather be flat out punched than bitten by some randomer tbh.

Could not agree more, some random bint bites your hand, however hard and your expected to stand and smile? No point in saying it was 'playful' and 'relax', you don't know her at all and for all you know she has every disease in the world imaginable. i don't condone his reaction but hardly think the girl was the innocent victm in all this. Besides I am trying to think what my reaction woudl be if some girl I actually do know bit my hand as a way of saying hello in a nightclub.

It reminds me of the critiscm of Tom Cruise (and I don't really like the dude but will defend him here) when he 'overreacted' to water being sprayed on his face as an hilarious prank at some movie launch or something in the UK. Put yourself in his position, some stranger squirts some liquid on your face you have no idea what it is and cameras are rolling and people are laughing and waiting for a reaction. In all honesty he had a much better reaction than I would have, not saying I would physically attack the dude but calling soming a 'jerk' is hardly overreacting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yup, lots.

But then again, I'm a red head so I got into fights for everydamn thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

nedtheshed wrote: »
    There is no excuse,unless in an unlikely scenario of it being literally life and death,for a man to hit woman,end of story.

A bite on the hand is hardly being attacked is it?

There is a Drama forum around here somewhere you know.

Assualt is assualt and you've a right to defend yourself.

Wouldn't matter a damn to me, man or woman - assault me and I'm gonna hit back very hard, I'm not a punch bag for anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I hate violence, but lets face it guys, the chap here is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

tbh wrote: »

I dunno, that video always appeared to me to be pure accident on the part of the guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Watching it, it looks like they're trying to figure out where to go or something, then the guy and girl come from behind one guy, he glances back over his shoulder but probably only fleetingly see's the boyfriend, then thinking 'I know, I bet this guy can help me' quickly turns and reaches out to tap the guy on the shoulder before he walks past, but then accidently clocks yer mans missus.

They dont even attempt to follow up the 'attack' also they look like they're trying to explain to the guy but its too late he's totally lost it. Unfortunate mix up, the guy is like a Spartan though

:confused: He looks like a hooligan. What could possibly make him a legend? Talk about walking around with a chip on your shoulderand pent-up aggression. Looks to me like one lad says to the other something like 'ask yer man there..' and he swings around without thinking, on top of which the two of them look drunk as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Yeh, been in mix ups because of women before and especially my now wife.... stupidly short fuse when it comes to lads and her and deserve a belt at times.... but so do they... =)

• Advertisement

:confused: He looks like a hooligan. What could possibly make him a legend? Talk about walking around with a chip on your shoulderand pent-up aggression. Looks to me like one lad says to the other something like 'ask yer man there..' and he swings around without thinking, on top of which the two of them look drunk as it is.

the back story is that the two guys were involved in a scam type thing where one would "happyslap" an innocent passer by and in the confusion that ensued, rob bags etc - that's why they were being filmed.

the back story is that the two guys were involved in a scam type thing where one would "happyslap" an innocent passer by and in the confusion that ensued, rob bags etc - that's why they were being filmed.

Ah, that makes more sense then. I withdraw my comment. Fair play to yer man if he knew what they were trying to pull.

Ah, that makes more sense then. I withdraw my comment. Fair play to yer man if he knew what they were trying to pull.

I heard the story before I saw the video, but out of context, he does look like a bit of a thug :) should have explained the situation - my bad!

Advertisement