Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Volunteer dog walking - D6 area

• 14-04-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi

I'm living in an apartment and both my partner and I work 9 to 5, so much to our misery we can't give a home to a dog.

I just adore dogs and walking and was thinking that surely someone in the area could benefit from this.

Any ideas on where to start?

I've been thinking about this for ages, but I suppose my heartbreak at the fairly recent death of our family spaniel has spurred me on.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padimus2

Hi esmerelda! Have you considered volunteering at the DSPCA? They're based in Rathfarnham on mount Venus Road and are always looking for volunteers. I've been volunteering there for 2 years and started walking dogs before I moved on to doing the rehoming assistant job for the cats a couple of sundays a month. They're not easy to get to if you don't have a car but the 74A bus that goes through Rathmines and Rathgar will drop you about a 15 minute walk away from the shelter. Check out the website www.dspca.ie for details of the volunteer programme. Feel free to drop me a PM if you want some more info.

Advertisement