Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clash of tournaments

Options
  • 12-04-2010 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

why do the indo clash dates with the tramore darts and the players championship darts they must know by now where the players are going to go to play their darts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Why does anyone really care tbh, let people go to whichever one you feel like, hardly a big deal. Theres a game in one or the other every couple of weeks and whether clashes are deliberate or not its life. this weekend alone I had the choice of Tramore, Roscommon, my town league finals and a local competition in Mayo (had to go to the town league with my team) but theres nothing to be gained from whinging about it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

This cud well be a BDO/PDc debate that happens on alot of Darts forums across the www.....

But, seeing as how you have asked, in alot of ways it is similar to the PDC/BDO debate, where the likes of the players champ and Tramore run well, run on stands that dont shake and lighting which is spot on, as compared with 25 yr old stands, that shake like an alzymers sufferer,boards that are like a rock, with lighting that stevie wonder wud be proud of...

Indo, offer limited cash prizes, i think the player that won DUngarvan got somewhere in the region of €200, where as the player that won players champ in Green Isle got €1k plus...

Players that have rightly qualified for world masters and the Irish team have been over looked for players that "are the church go-ers/ backbone of the indo", going over to Bridlington, representing Ireland aswell as themselves, and making us look like tits...

I wud agree, certain players deserve there place, Connie finnan is an excellent player, same as Mac Closkey, but, when you look at the players that cud be along side them, the likes of Gareth gray, Anto mac Cracken, Shane o connor (pdc now but wasnt always that way), Benny Grace, and thats just naming 1 or 2 players i knw of that have been treated badly by the INDo

Leave them off, it is them that will suffer, we will have the WDF world cup here in Ireland next yr, and when it comes to a stage where they cant afford to send there top table on free-be piss ups to world cups, europe cups, whilst we have players having to hand out sponsor cards to try represent there country, people will really start to see them for what they are.

padr81 wrote: »
    Why does anyone really care tbh, let people go to whichever one you feel like, hardly a big deal. Theres a game in one or the other every couple of weeks and whether clashes are deliberate or not its life. this weekend alone I had the choice of Tramore, Roscommon, my town league finals and a local competition in Mayo (had to go to the town league with my team) but theres nothing to be gained from whinging about it mate.

it is only us as dart players that are missing out, so i think we have a right to complain... Do you agree??? When u look now at all the free weeks we have no darts, makes u wonder why people go out of there way to clash

yeah while its unfair its simular to every rival organistation who tries to steal the thunder of another whether is business or sport. These things go on in all manners of life and us moaning won't change it.

The irish team is picked off the rankings so anyone who gets there on merit will play. They just need to attend and perform well in the events. This year the doubles have being scraped because certain players were making the national team on the strength of their doubles partners carrying them so its all singles and all off their own successes/failing. Nothing stops Gareth Gray etc.. from turning up to these events and winning them. They're may be alot of politics in the INDO but these lads can easily force their way in with their darts doing the talking. Nows a good year to have a belt at it with the world cup coming up.

Im not arguing about their professionalism as anyone who saw the boards, stands and set up at the intercounties knows how poor it is. But as you said its much like the pdc vs bdo, neither wants there players attending the others events. Sucks for us but theres nothing to be gained from moaning about it on a forum, go to an agm and have your say.

yeah while its unfair its simular to every rival organistation who tries to steal the thunder of another whether is business or sport. These things go on in all manners of life and us moaning won't change it.

The irish team is picked off the rankings so anyone who gets there on merit will play. They just need to attend and perform well in the events. This year the doubles have being scraped because certain players were making the national team on the strength of their doubles partners carrying them so its all singles and all off their own successes/failing. Nothing stops Gareth Gray etc.. from turning up to these events and winning them. They're may be alot of politics in the INDO but these lads can easily force their way in with their darts doing the talking. Nows a good year to have a belt at it with the world cup coming up.

Im not arguing about their professionalism as anyone who saw the boards, stands and set up at the intercounties knows how poor it is. But as you said its much like the pdc vs bdo, neither wants there players attending the others events. Sucks for us but theres nothing to be gained from moaning about it on a forum, go to an agm and have your say.

An agm, packed with INDO nodding dogs is it??? As for the bit i have highlighted, just loooooooooooooooool at this m8, shane was placed in top 6 of the rankings a few yrs back, and was over looked for certain events he had qualified for, and he wasnt alone in doing this...

Players that went to the world masters last yr, with ranking points that wud not place them in the top 50 of the INDO rankings??? Make sense... Giving someone a place at the World masters because they have turned up to 80% of the indo events????

• Advertisement

Dicie wrote: »
    An agm, packed with INDO nodding dogs is it??? As for the bit i have highlighted, just loooooooooooooooool at this m8, shane was placed in top 6 of the rankings a few yrs back, and was over looked for certain events he had qualified for, and he wasnt alone in doing this...

Players that went to the world masters last yr, with ranking points that wud not place them in the top 50 of the INDO rankings??? Make sense... Giving someone a place at the World masters because they have turned up to 80% of the indo events????

I can't speak for a few years ago mate as I never played but I know the team this year is picked straight from the rankings and it was said to me by a member of INDO. funny enough about 20 points would put you close to the irish team and i've being to a few of these events (and im ****) and competed quite easily. The guy whole told me may have being talking bull**** I couldn't tell ya for certain.

I know alot of players have left the INDO over different things, top players too like Aodhagen O'Neill etc... so alot of crap obviously goes on there, but lads can force their way this year, that i do know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 3nil

how can u talk bout rankings when the INDO send players to world masters who cant get on their county team and are picked just because they are 1 of the 20 people who attend the tournaments on a regular basis..especially when they are over looking the countries finest to put in micky mouse players who cant even win a game in the INDO tournaments. this has been going on for a long time.

As I said I can't comment on whats going on for years as I know nothing about it. All I can say is that I was told the Irish team for the world cup will be picked off the rankings this year.

The clashes while annoying are hardly suprising and us moaning on a forum wont help. It would do much more good for you guys to voice your opinions at the agm etc... If everyone and every county whose unhappy at the way things are ran did this than the agm wouldn't just be indo followers. God knows theres enough unhappy players to fill the biggest of halls and majority rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dyno180

As I said I can't comment on whats going on for years as I know nothing about it. All I can say is that I was told the Irish team for the world cup will be picked off the rankings this year.

The clashes while annoying are hardly suprising and us moaning on a forum wont help. It would do much more good for you guys to voice your opinions at the agm etc... If everyone and every county whose unhappy at the way things are ran did this than the agm wouldn't just be indo followers. God knows theres enough unhappy players to fill the biggest of halls and majority rules.

people voice their opinions all the time but are brushed aside if the indo dnt like them..yes the world cup team is picked from the ranking buts thats because they have no choice.. but when it comes to the world masters they have 16 spaces and they said and i quote''' we give the top four a place and the restare to our disgression..what good are rankings if they can do that to players who spend money going to their tournaments.. and even if u win one of the tournaments you wouldn cover your day..

dyno180 wrote: »
    people voice their opinions all the time but are brushed aside if the indo dnt like them..yes the world cup team is picked from the ranking buts thats because they have no choice.. but when it comes to the world masters they have 16 spaces and they said and i quote''' we give the top four a place and the restare to our disgression..what good are rankings if they can do that to players who spend money going to their tournaments.. and even if u win one of the tournaments you wouldn cover your day..

LAst time we spoke bout this Dyno in the green isle, what you said was spot on.... Leave them off, there happy in there ignorance, with there disgracefull attitude towards darts players... Once again now in 2 weeks we have the INDO going out of there way to clash with another event run by Joe and Mick, which the date had been set since last september..

How sad are these people, can you picture them sitting there checking what others are doing before they announce any dates???? Like kids. There a joke, but whats worse is, they dont even like the game or the players that there getting there free holidays out of. If they had any respect for darts, or the Irish players, they wud sit down with the likes of the orgs from the Irish players champ, and work out a calander that suits everyone.... It wud certainly only work in there favour, cause it is them that are struggling to fill a draw sheet with 32 names...

• Advertisement

LAst time we spoke bout this Dyno in the green isle, what you said was spot on.... Leave them off, there happy in there ignorance, with there disgracefull attitude towards darts players... Once again now in 2 weeks we have the INDO going out of there way to clash with another event run by Joe and Mick, which the date had been set since last september..

How sad are these people, can you picture them sitting there checking what others are doing before they announce any dates???? Like kids. There a joke, but whats worse is, they dont even like the game or the players that there getting there free holidays out of. If they had any respect for darts, or the Irish players, they wud sit down with the likes of the orgs from the Irish players champ, and work out a calander that suits everyone.... It wud certainly only work in there favour, cause it is them that are struggling to fill a draw sheet with 32 names...

i only wish for the sport of Irish darts that they would see this themselves, but they cant see what they are doing wrong. yes dicie you are right they cant fill 32 names.. in dungarvan they had 27 on the sat and 17 on the sunday if u add them together you wouldnt even make up the womens numbers in the players championship. they are happy with their little click of players and there members.. one of these days they will have more committee members are their tournaments than players!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gladiator180

well well well dyno, we meet again.voicing your silly opinions again i see. i see the INDO are getting a horrible time here..rightly so methinks :D

well well well dyno, we meet again.voicing your silly opinions again i see. i see the INDO are getting a horrible time here..rightly so methinks :D

my opinions are the truth my friend not silly......
    id like to find someone who can disagree with my opinions...
    just who is the gladiatior??;)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Antoine56

just who is the gladiatior??;)

Who is dyno180 as well, know he's from Kilkenny. We know dicie is Alan Reilly, I think if people are going to slate the INDO they should reveal their real names.

Antoine56 wrote: »
    Who is dyno180 as well, know he's from Kilkenny. We know dicie is Alan Reilly, I think if people are going to slate the INDO they should reveal their real names.

I think your mixing up slating and stating fact m8... Im stating facts... There a disgrace, national body that dont represent the players well....

Why clash with other events that are on the calander???

Why ask players to play on ****e boards???

Why pay out pennies as a prizepool???

Why do players have to try scrape together the cash to get to world cups/ europe cups, when officials go free???

not slating, as i said, these are facts.

I think your mixing up slating and stating fact m8... Im stating facts... There a disgrace, national body that dont represent the players well....

Why clash with other events that are on the calander???

Why ask players to play on ****e boards???

Why pay out pennies as a prizepool???

Why do players have to try scrape together the cash to get to world cups/ europe cups, when officials go free???

not slating, as i said, these are facts.

You obviously know a lot more than I do about how darts is run in Ireland, I've only been home a couple of months and still finding my way round. Thought you were playing PDC or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

You obviously know a lot more than I do about how darts is run in Ireland, I've only been home a couple of months and still finding my way round. Thought you were playing PDC or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

I gave it a go, simply not good enough... Darts in ireland is run well, on good boards, proper stands, decent lighting, all that we ask... Just a shame it isnt done the same way by the INDO... Maybe they cud learn from others that are doing what they shud be doing.

why should i have to state my name.. dicie is right we aint slating anyone we are saying it how it is.. if you dont know much about darts in Ireland why comment?

why should i have to state my name.. dicie is right we aint slating anyone we are saying it how it is.. if you dont know much about darts in Ireland why comment?

Calm down David, and as for commenting, I want to play darts here so was weighing up options thats all, no need to get so defensive

Calm down David, and as for commenting, I want to play darts here so was weighing up options thats all, no need to get so defensive

Well, there is only 1 way to play, if you want to represent your country, and this is the INDO, which as iv said and wont go over old ground, are a laughing stock of Irish darts.....

You then have the well run Irish players championship events.... Plus you have any amount of events run by Ronnie boyle, some real good ones on in sept that he is running...

• Advertisement

Crazy this clash i cant go to kilkenny as county are making me go down ennis,with a s**t team and no hope of winning ,but this will be the last time for me im going to concentrate on players championship next year a real tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

3nil wrote: »
    Crazy this clash i cant go to kilkenny as county are making me go down ennis,with a s**t team and no hope of winning ,but this will be the last time for me im going to concentrate on players championship next year a real tournament.

You're county cannot make you go, it's your own choice surely.

I have a choice to make too, but probably go to KK as I need the points.

the gladiator at this present time shall remain a mystery dyno. however as always your telling the truth about the INDO.i see no slating of the INDO here but just simple facts being told.
    ps..how ya keeping dicie?long time no chat :D

the gladiator at this present time shall remain a mystery dyno. however as always your telling the truth about the INDO.i see no slating of the INDO here but just simple facts being told.
    ps..how ya keeping dicie?long time no chat :D

Hello sir... Seems the indo are suffering from a few problems, one of the main 1 is

11ukhux.jpg

hahahahaha! dicie i nearly fell of the chair laughin when i saw that picture.brilliant.where did ya get that image?typed in INDO into google images???!

that is a scandlous photo to print no wonder the indo will hav nothing to do with likes of u and your crowd

that is a scandlous photo to print no wonder the indo will hav nothing to do with likes of u and your crowd

Me and my crowd???? I speak for no one but myself...Now run along there to ur 4 a side event and play for nuts.... Thats what most monkeys do...

u just showing your ignorance by calling people monkeys would you like it if i called u an ape come to think of it u have the height head one Mr O Reilly

u just showing your ignorance by calling people monkeys would you like it if i called u an ape come to think of it u have the height head one Mr O Reilly

Ignorance... Call it what you will, but, it isnt me that is led by the nose blindly by the INDO or any county.. Seeing as how you know me, why not take it up with me at the next event you happen to see me at, or, you can say nothing and sit back and have a little laugh to yourself, whichever suits, and there is no O in my name, theres a good man.

• Advertisement

u seem like all the rest of the anti INDO clan knocking what they do why dont u try and run the darts yourself instead of moaning about it .if they stop who will run the darts for Irish teams of the future

Advertisement