Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roller Derby in Wexford

Options
  • 08-04-2010 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Would any ladies out there be interested in starting a Wexford Roller Derby team??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

What would that entail?? It sounds interesting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Petronella

Basically its a pretty aggressive but fun roller skating sport! Theres a team in Dublin but no where else at the moment so I'm looking into hopefully starting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Very good Petronella!!! :D

if you are looking for what is involved Dinkie have a look here at our new roller derby page

http://www.wreckless.ie/rollerderby.php

Roller%20Derby.JPG

links and info there and please fell free to get in touch with any questions

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Snowshoe Sam

Was just thinking about this recently when I heard about the Dublin Roller Girls....

Sounds interesting.... (although think I would need to toughen up a bit first ! :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

It sounds really interesting!

But I've never even held a pair of rollerskates! Ah well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Hey girls,

I skate with the Dublin Roller Girls and I think its great that you're interested in setting another team up! Even if you've never skated before, or are worried about the contact side of things, don't worry about it at all. Everybody has to start skating sometime, all the Dublin girls did too, so give it a shot! As for contact, you won't be getting into that straight away, so again, try it out first and see if you like it! Keep us posted on how all this goes, as we'd be more than happy to have ye at one of our sessions to learn a little, or to head over to ye to help ye out. Email us at dublinrollergirls@gmail.com if ye need any information.

Best of luck!
    Miss BumbleB!tch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Smashie

Hey Petronella, Did anything ever happen with this? I'm in wexford and would love to join.

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Nearly 3 years on and despite an awful lot of spam, I don't think we can get the ball rolling on this one in Wexford (Geddit???? :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 homerrssimpson

Hi!!! I'd be super into setting up a roller derby team in Wexford, and if not a team, even if we get just a few girls to start skating together, no matter how many numbers!! :)

Welcome back, it's been a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Sounds very interesting HomerrSimpson, I am in my 30s though. Would I do be too old? I would be into trying it out, for fun. Just to see what it is like. I have not roller skated since I was a child, but I am sure I can pick it up quickly.

Sapphire3 wrote: »
    Sounds very interesting HomerrSimpson, I am in my 30s though. Would I do be too old? I would be into trying it out, for fun. Just to see what it is like. I have not roller skated since I was a child, but I am sure I can pick it up quickly.

You're not too old at all!! I'm starting as a freshmeat in Waterford soon which teaches you everything you need to know about skating, but it'd be good to get a team going in Wexford. Not sure how to go about this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Sapphire3

Hi

I would definitely be interested in giving it a go. It is a pity Waterford is a little too far from me at this moment, as I do not drive myself. So anywhere around Wexford is better for me. I am not sure how to go about setting up a group either to be honest, as I never did anything or organised anything before.

Maybe you or I, can email one of the Dublin Roller Girls (they posted earlier in this thread), and they might give us some tips or they might help us out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TechShy

Hi, Anyone still interested in giving the roller skating a try, even if there are only a few us? I know I'd love to do it! :)

yeah, definitely :)

very interested!! can we actually set this up? even if its just a few girls in someone's kitchen practicing the stance?

great to see this still buzzing

maybe the roller derby thread can be of some help?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1601

Nah, they're happier here talking to themselves every few months

oldyouth wrote: »
    Nah, they're happier here talking to themselves every few months

:confused: is there sarcasm in that? :confused:

wreckless wrote: »
    :confused: is there sarcasm in that? :confused:

Read through the thread, same person, apparently, re-registering to talk to themselves every few months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gillmckire

Did anything ever come of this. I am in Enniscorthy and would absolutely to get involved in Roller Derby

Advertisement