Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shameless US (* US Pace *)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Glebee wrote: »
    So Season 8 is back at this stage and we are two episodes in. Slow enough start from Shameless. I really do love this show though.

Didn't see last nights yet, but watched the 1st 2 episodes of Season 8. I'm really enjoying it again. Best show on TV for me, the 55 mins of episode 2 flew by, it felt like 15 minutes.
    I love everything about it & Emmy Rossum as Fiona and William H Macy as Frank are incredible in their roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

bit slow to take off for me this year. episode 3 . pity its not on any normal station like rte until almost a year later and buried at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Ye very slow start and I'm not liking all this focus on liam. In the English shameless liam was played by a very good actor so you enjoyed his scenes. The American kid is bland and boring.
    Also Frank needs to get back to being frank.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm liking the start of the new series, they are resetting a lot of the characters to bring more depth

Frank - He's almost just comedy at this stage, but moving him to Francis looking to have a career is a nice move
    Fiona - Party girl/mother with man issues to landlord/career woman cutting ties to the family
    Lip - was a gifted student with lady issues, now he's an alcoholic apprentice mechanic looking to help others (with lady issues)
    Ian- not sure what his main "thing" is now but the missing Monica bit is a good touch for him
    Debbie - Going from being a child to a single mother who is now being thrown out is good
    Carl - Why isn't he in military school?
    Liam - Being introduced as a character at last

There is a bit of a gap of supporting characters at the moment, the V & Kevin storyline could be good.

so season finale last night. overall season i thought was poor. not much happened other than an irish actor using a fake irish accent to play am irish carpenter lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

I really think the show has just about run its course, the storylines are getting sillier and sillier. I liked how Lip turned things around but just when you thought it was all tied up in a bow with him and Sierra it turned out it wasn't. Though I kinda wanted it to I think she's lovely.

The Irish Ford guy is ridiculous, he's not only a master Craftsman, he works for free, he's been to every country, speaks multiple languages, knows everyone, has kids with lesbians, is amazing in bed but makes Fiona wait for the ride. Ffs.

Hated the storyline with Kev and V and Svetlana, so tiresome. The story with Ian gay Jesus was ridiculous.

I've never liked Debbie as a character at all, and the whole thing with her toes was again, ridiculous. She would have been in constant agony at minimum.

And not that I'm complaining but every episode but the finale manages to find some way for Fiona to be naked or nearly so.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

so season finale last night. overall season i thought was poor. not much happened other than an irish actor using a fake irish accent to play am irish carpenter lol.

I didn't realise that was the finale, wow that was an extremely meh season, there hasn't been any real development for any character

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just caught up with Shameless season 8. not a great season in fairness. hard to see if there is any future in this show. I do love the characters but it just feels like its run its course. Hope im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,789 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 rusty_ie2004

any one know when this is been showing on irish tv please

Cameron Monaghan is leaving

very poor this year so far. I think it has reached the end of the line really. nothing seems to happen that hasn't been done before with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Hasn't been great at all this season. Stories have been ridiculous, the gay Jesus, Lip caring for a kid he doesn't know, Kev trying to clean up the bar. Poor stuff so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

This show is extremely predictable. When the black girl appeared posing as a man, my immediate thought was "Well, here comes a bisexual storyline for Debbie." There was no subtlety that very quickly Debbie would be making out with her.

I think they have gone as far as they can with teh current characters, they need to introdcue some new characters but they are probably too late to introduce them now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Ironically enough, the original show had so much rotation of characters that by the end Frank was the only Gallagher left (the original’s Fiona was gone at the end of the second season and each of the Gallagher kids followed). In fact it was nearly more about the Maguire’s than the Gallaghers at that stage. Characters would appear as if they had always been there and equally disappear with no explanation.

Clareman wrote: »
    I think they have gone as far as they can with teh current characters, they need to introdcue some new characters but they are probably too late to introduce them now.
    I'd love to see the two lads who drink at the alibi introduced a bit more. Kermit and the baldy lad

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

The most recent episode with Courtney Cox was much better.

• Advertisement

Great news, I'm glad Fiona is finishing up I was getting tired of the whole show revolving around her, time to focus on the others. I didn't realise it was back

Up to date with current season at the moment and overall I liked this season so far, not brill but just ok. It will be interesting to see next season without Fiona, she was such a major character since the beginning

They are doing a great job of building the other characters up to be a complete cast rather than just Franks & Fiona's helpers.

BTW I found Frank and the hobo drink extremely funny

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Where can I watch this??

Is it on TV?

Besides Lip and Frank all the other actors aren't up to much, I can't really see any of them carrying the show.

There will need to be some injection of new blood, the show as a whole has gone a bit stale though so it'll be interesting to see what they can do with it

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Where can I watch this??

Is it on TV?

Its on netflix well most of it is and starts at season 1

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Its on netflix well most of it is and starts at season 1

Thanks, have watched all of Netflix series though, wondering where series 8/9 might be found. Really enjoyed this.

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Thanks, have watched all of Netflix series though, wondering where series 8/9 might be found. Really enjoyed this.

PM sent. ;);)

Finished up the current season of Shameless. Overall I enjoyed this season. Its still one of my favourite all time TV shows.
    Next season without Fiona is going to be strange

• Advertisement

Finished it there it was Better than the last 2 seasons. Loved Frank Fiona and lip. Debbie was OK. Carl had feck all to do which was a shame.
    The addition of Kelly bored me. Bring back kandi.
    Tammy was very unlikeable and couldn't give a **** about her. Mrs Al Bundy was a good addition this season as was Luis Gusman.

I always have time for kev and v. I just wish they would stick with a storyline with them for more than 2 minutes

Advertisement