Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelforce training partner

Options
  • 29-03-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Anyone looking for a Gaelforce 2010 training partner in castlebar/ westport area? I'm a 30yrs female with reasonable fitness. 10km run (53-54mins). Need to improve running and up the cycling mileage! If you're starting to train for GFW and wouldnt mind me tagging along drop me an email.:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

chem100479 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a Gaelforce 2010 training partner in castlebar/ westport area? I'm a 30yrs female with reasonable fitness. 10km run (53-54mins). Need to improve running and up the cycling mileage! If you're starting to train for GFW and wouldnt mind me tagging along drop me an email.:)

There is a bunch of us (lads) who train but even our mothers dont want to be seen with us :)

There is the Fit4Life classes there in Castlebar and I know that there are a few girls there who are aiming to do the GF this year.
    There is also a girl who works in Jonnys bar there near the Welcome Inn, she did GF last year and I have met here on the booster on a number of occasions so maybe drop in there and ask her.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

chem100479 wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a Gaelforce 2010 training partner in castlebar/ westport area? :)

Just a with YOP your more than welcome to tag along anytime for runs/cycles : I am based just outside Wesport(Galway side) and currently concentrating on the Conn half in 2 weeks and a few Tris and then GF nd Achill Roar but all at a average level so I wont be winning anything- currently on a 30year training plan to win the Connemara over 70's in 2040 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chem100479

Thanks for the responses. I will be in contact. Good luck in the conn half!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Hello, I'm in Westport, Male, 40 (mid life crisis obv). I will do GF this year if it kills me and it very well might. Warning, I'm very very slow. 9 minute miles (6 or 7 of them at best) and 20kph on the bike. Might be interested in meeting up with either of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭toomuchdetail

Snailsong/Chem100479 : Loads of time till GF so PM me if any of you want to meet up , Doing Conn half next Sunday and Nenagh Tri following week , after that nothing planned til TriAthy in early June.
    Tend to be leisurely on bike and try to go for distance rather than speed, Run pace varies depending on reason for running , again aim more for distance than speed.
    I try and get loads of hills on both sets of training . Did GF last year in a very disappointing 6:10 ,(crampped like nothing I have ever done on the bike and took the "follow the leader" approach on the reek rather than follow the path) aiming for 5:30 at least this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 knobblyknees

Hey,

Just thought I'd pop in here and suggest a road race for you in Killarney on the 17th of July. Its the Maxi Marathon Killarney. Amazing route, 15 mile race. Make a weekend of it. Should be a good one.:D

Knobbly knees

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hey,

Just thought I'd pop in here and suggest a road race for you in Killarney on the 17th of July. Its the Maxi Marathon Killarney. Amazing route, 15 mile race. Make a weekend of it. Should be a good one.:D

Knobbly knees

Just popping in in all your posts so far ;) You the organiser?

Advertisement