Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Le Sac V Scroobious Pip V B. Dolan

Options
  • 29-03-2010 8:48pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Whelans, April 24th, Dan le Sac Vs Scroobious Pip are playing with support from B. Dolan.

I personally will be there to see B. Dolan and DLSSP are just a bonus. Both have new albums out, i've only heard the B. Dolan one and it's dope. but gonna give DLSSP a whirl, if it's anything like Angels i'll be happy.

So, who's going to this?

Here's what B.Dolan has written about the tour so far:

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/blogs/b-dolan-blog/first-leg-of-the-weight-of-the-world-tour-is-over/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Inski for this, tickets already got. Will be in early for B. Dolan, had a listen to some of his stuff and is interesting. New Le Sac and Pip album is decent, has some very good tracks and some bit meh tracks. Dan le Sac has done some very good beats for it and i think these take over most of the tracks instead of Pips rhyming

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Listened to the Sac Pip album today, really like it. Le sacs beats are excellent and Pip is on top of his game. The opening track "Sick Tonight" is insanely good.

But, like Angels, i think that it might grow old very fast. I hardly ever listen to Angels anymore because it's too familiar and i havent really listened to it that much.

But The Logic of Chance is quite short which i think may work well in its favour. The sound is quite varied too.

In relation to the gig in Whelans, i'd like to see how well the songs work live, they could be awesome or could sink like lead balloons as the beats may take centre stange.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Listened to the Sac Pip album today, really like it. Le sacs beats are excellent and Pip is on top of his game. The opening track "Sick Tonight" is insanely good.

Sick tonight is a quality tune. I'd be a bit worried as well in relation to the gig that the beats are going to overpower SP but we'll see.

On another note, do you know much about Digable Planets? i see they are playing the night before this gig but TBH know nothing about them. any albums to check out perhaps?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

On another note, do you know much about Digable Planets? i see they are playing the night before this gig but TBH know nothing about them. any albums to check out perhaps?

You probably have heard alot of thier stuff but just not aware of them. They are brilliant, Ish/Butterfly is one of the smoothest MCs out there. I really like Blowout Comb

Advertisement