Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Question

Options
  • 28-03-2010 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm thinking of switching from Eircom phone/broadband to a UPC package with their digital tv too.

We have 3 tv points in the house which are all running from the one UPC point (It's actually a Cablelink point it's so old).

What I want to know is, that if we got UPC installed with multiroom for the 2 extra points, would they say anything about us having the extra points as we have never paid for the extra points? Has anyone had anything said to them over this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Nope, the install guy will not care.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,384 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I had three Cablelink boxes in the house like you and got reconnected to NTL last September after about 10 years, a couple of Polish lads arrived in a plain van so they were probably contractors. I had only ordered one digital (DVR+) box which was for downstairs so as soon as they arrived they set about replacing the old Cablelink wall box in the lounge but when I asked them to replace the other two wall boxes (kitchen and main bedroom), they did so without any fuss even though I wasn't at the time getting digital boxes for those two points.

I suspect that if they were UPC employees they would have dropped large hints about it not being their job to supply new wall boxes without digital boxes and I would have had to slip them a bung each.

Nowadays UPC only care about how many digital boxes you have, they stopped caring about multiple points for analog years ago.

Advertisement