Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant close to 'red' Luas line

Options
  • 23-03-2010 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced restaurant with a good vegetarian menu within easy reach of the red Luas line?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Govindas is on abbey street, they are not quite menu centric though..
    Bit farther away to find the likes of cornucopia etc. Maybe some restaurants with good veggie options?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Mmm, probably not what you're looking for but there's a nice bagel place just up the street a bit from that govindas. They have veggie bagels. There's also a man who sells oranges at that market stop. All of these are grand if you are walking along that street towards heuston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Cactus Jacks in the Millenium Walkway is quite good for veggie stuff, they have a decent range of options and will always offer the meat dishes without meat or with alternatives also :) I love it there, the chimichangas rock my world:D

G86 wrote: »
    Cactus Jacks in the Millenium Walkway is quite good for veggie stuff, they have a decent range of options and will always offer the meat dishes without meat or with alternatives also :) I love it there, the chimichangas rock my world:D

Ouh I have no idea what a chimichanga is, but I so want one now. :P

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Ouh I have no idea what a chimichanga is, but I so want one now. :P

I wouldn't even spoil it by trying to describe it.... all I can say is..

yummmmmmy yummy in my tummy!!!!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

it sounds liek a form of small dog, I must have it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

161.jpg

chimichangas = deep fat fried burrito = goodness, but not really a veggie thing?

copacetic wrote: »
    161.jpg

chimichangas = deep fat fried burrito = goodness, but not really a veggie thing?

Just leave out the meat!

Oh they sound good. nom nom. Looking on wiki at em

800px-Chimichanga2.jpg

With refried beans! Ok I'm going there to try as soon as I convince somebody

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Just leave out the meat!
    Oh they sound good. nom nom. Looking on wiki at em

You're dead to me.

• Advertisement

800px-Chimichanga2.jpg

Veggie Sunday Lunch!!

Yep you just ask for a veggie one, it's gorgeous!! Oh and you can get it without the cheese too if ya like, I'm not a big cheese fan!

copacetic wrote: »
    You're dead to me.
    Be gone weak man! :p
    Veggie Sunday Lunch!!
    It's sunday now, are you here? i just ate soup but sure that doesn't stop me eating again. I'm in trinners!
    Next sunday?
    G86 wrote: »
    Yep you just ask for a veggie one, it's gorgeous!! Oh and you can get it without the cheese too if ya like, I'm not a big cheese fan!

Oh ideally they will plaster it with various forms of cheese.

I ate cheese once, I very was drunk and very hungry and in a house full of meat eaters where no-one would feed meeee!

I liked it so much that I saw it again the next morning....

I don't eat cheese anymore:o

Hehe. Some poeple like it so much, they eat it even though intolerant and end up getting sick. Rinse and repeat, oh dear.

Be gone weak man! :p

It's sunday now, are you here? i just ate soup but sure that doesn't stop me eating again. I'm in trinners!
    Next sunday?

I'm at home :(
    Next Sunday is a deal!
    Can you come g86?

I'm at home :(
    Next Sunday is a deal!
    Can you come g86?

I'll be in Donegal! :(Aw I'd love to an all cause been sick the past week and I'm dying to have some decent food when I'm better!!!

Well i'm sittign around college everyday, you are here during the week is it? When are you about moonbaby??

We can go any time loike.

Well i'm sittign around college everyday, you are here during the week is it? When are you about moonbaby??

We can go any time loike.

I'm actually up in Dublin tomorrow.

Well G and anybody else? :D

• Advertisement

Well G and anybody else? :D

Aye I only go to Donegal once in a blue moon :) But can't do this week, really can't stomach food at the mo, have a crappy virus that doesn't seem to be going anywhere and not sure I'll be back in work even.

However, if anyone fancies it the week after then I'll be well game:D

Oh you are from there, most my family come form Ardara/Letterkenny up there. Hope you feel better after that, I hope to never get something that keeps me away from delicious food. I am grand to go whenever people want to go, I eat food several times a day, and the library ain't too exciting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Food you say? i'm free for the next 4 days :p

Had Govindas today...so yum!!:D:D

Food you say? i'm free for the next 4 days :p

Had Govindas today...so yum!!:D:D

Brought a veggie boardsie there for her first time last night, she loved it. Any excuse to go there for me :D

Maybe we might do grub somewhere this evening?
    And save the burritos for next week with g86?

Suggest somewhere sure

Suggest somewhere sure

Whereever tar wants to go? :P Ouh I love that indian place! And it is cheap! Does MoN eat indian?

Brought a veggie boardsie there for her first time last night, she loved it. Any excuse to go there for me :D
    :D so off to Govindas tomorrow? its raining today :(
    Whereever tar wants to go? :P
    You know where Tar wants to go:p
    Ouh I love that indian place! And it is cheap! Does MoN eat indian?
    Yes i do...oh you werent there the last time i visited that place and chipped my tooth lol, probably the last time i was drunk too:D

I'll go for indian or govindas later or tomorrow if you want

• Advertisement

ooooh it looks like the rain has stopped :D

Can do food trip later indeed for whoever is interested!

Text me or something :p

Advertisement