Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Qualifiers for PDC World Championships

Options
  • 17-03-2010 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

IRISH EYES ARE SMILING ON ST. PATRICK'S DAY ! ! !

BREAKING NEWS ! ! !

The PDC are organising two new World Championships for Women and Under-21 players and Ireland will be represented by two players in each of these events.
    Qualifying competitions will be organised shortly and the two Irish women will be invited across to England to compete in the last 32 of the PDC Women's World Championship with the final being televised live on Sky Sports at the World Matchplay in Blackpool on July 25th. The winner of the Women's World Championship will receive £ 10,000.
    Ireland will also have two representatives in the Under-21 World Championship and they will be invited to compete in the last 64 of this event with the final live at Alexandra Palace on January 3rd., 2011. The winner of the Under-21 Championship will also receive £ 10,000.

MORE GOOD NEWS ! ! !

The last two players in the 2010 Tom Kirby Irish Matchplay Championship will play-off on stage at the City West Hotel in Dublin before the final of the Sky Bet World Grand Prix on Sunday, October 10th., with the winner to qualify for the Ladbrokes.com World Championship at Alexandra Palace in London next December.

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE NEWS - - -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Good news for the Women and under 21 players in this country to be able to qualify for these events. There is some brilliant youth players in the country at the moment and this could be a big opportunity for 1 of them to make a big impact in the under 21 Worlds. I'm sure the women will support this qualifier in big numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Wonder if players like van Gerwen could enter both?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Dartgod wrote: »
    IRISH EYES ARE SMILING ON ST. PATRICK'S DAY ! ! !

BREAKING NEWS ! ! !

The PDC are organising two new World Championships for Women and Under-21 players and Ireland will be represented by two players in each of these events.
    Qualifying competitions will be organised shortly and the two Irish women will be invited across to England to compete in the last 32 of the PDC Women's World Championship with the final being televised live on Sky Sports at the World Matchplay in Blackpool on July 25th. The winner of the Women's World Championship will receive £ 10,000.
    Ireland will also have two representatives in the Under-21 World Championship and they will be invited to compete in the last 64 of this event with the final live at Alexandra Palace on January 3rd., 2011. The winner of the Under-21 Championship will also receive £ 10,000.

MORE GOOD NEWS ! ! !

The last two players in the 2010 Tom Kirby Irish Matchplay Championship will play-off on stage at the City West Hotel in Dublin before the final of the Sky Bet World Grand Prix on Sunday, October 10th., with the winner to qualify for the Ladbrokes.com World Championship at Alexandra Palace in London next December.

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE NEWS - - -

I must have a go at the U21's Pops :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Degag wrote: »
    Wonder if players like van Gerwen could enter both?

I wouldnt think he would be allowed to enter the woman's world championship :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dyno180

be nice to qualify for the u21s :)
    try and show the rest of the world what your made of .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

dyno180 wrote: »
    be nice to qualify for the u21s :)
    try and show the rest of the world what your made of .

Would be nice alright.

Just have to dig out my time machine and I'll give it a go :)

fortunately i dont need a time machine haha :)
    just my arm and a heineken or 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Niall_76

If it's an under 21 average they are looking for then i am in!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

I wouldnt think he would be allowed to enter the woman's world championship :)

Lol, both as in the Under 21s and Senior World Championships

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Niall_76 wrote: »
    If it's an under 21 average they are looking for then i am in!

haha brilliant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

The 2010 Irish Women's Matchplay Championship will be held on Saturday, May 22nd., at the Silver Springs Moran Hotel, Tivoli, Cork City, in conjunction with the Silver Springs Maytime Festival.
    Two players will qualify on the day to compete in the last 32 of the PDC Unicorn Women's World Championship which will have a prize fund of £30,000 on offer with a first prize of £10,000 for the Champion.
    In addition the final of the World Championship will be shown live on Sky Sports TV before the final of the World Matchplay in Blackpool on July 25th.

Check out the PDC Press Release http://www.pdc.tv/page/NewsdeskDetai...002760,00.html

Watch this space for news on the PDC Under-21 and Ladbroke.com World Championship Irish Qualifiers - - - - - -

will there be a press release regarding u21s?

dyno180 wrote: »
    will there be a press release regarding u21s?

Yes, Dyno, full details of the Under-21 World Championship will be announced at a later date.
    The rush is on to organise the Women's Championship as the last 32 will play-off on June 12th. with the Final on stage in Blackpool on July 25th.

The Under-21 Qualifiers will be later in the year with the Final being played in Alexandra Palace on January 3rd., 2011.

It is hoped to stage the Under-21 Qualifiers in conjunction with the Tom Kirby Irish Matchplay {Men's World Qualifier} in August.

Will post here when I have more news - - - - -

The Irish qualifying competitions for the PDC Unicorn Under-21 World Championship and the Ladbrokes.com World Championship have now been confirmed for the weekend of August 28th./ 29th., 2010, at the Green Isle Hotel, Newland's Cross, Dublin.
    The 2010 Irish Under-21 Matchplay Championship will take place on Saturday, August 28th., with two players to qualify for the last 64 of the World Under-21 Championship.
    The 2010 Tom Kirby Memorial Irish Matchplay will take place on Sunday, August 29th., and the last two players will play-off at the City West Hotel for a place in the Ladbrokes.com World Championship in December.

Full details will be announced at a later date - - - -

Advertisement