Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jazzy hip hop

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

have u got Gurus Jazzmatazz albums? The first 2 are quality.

And if you haven't already check for a french dude named Dela, simillar set up to Jazz Liborators, french production with American Emcees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

Will have to check out them jazz liberatorz meself....

YoungBlood BrassBand are savage, there a hiphop-jazz brass band ... absolute qaulity >>> http://www.myspace.com/youngbloodbrass
    Not much on there myspace considering there out bout 10 yrs so youd really hav to get an album to get a proper feel...id go for "Center Level Roar" if you do...best live show iz ever at aswell, by a long shot...

im sure ye know the likes of Tribe or the roots aswell as guru and all the usual....eh Erykah Badu's stuff, esp "baduizm" if ye havnt checked her..pretty laid back jazzy, soul ****..

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

y.b. brass band r savage, i've a 12 of a track with Talib Kweli and its class

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

the band you are looking for is Siah and Yesua dapoED

Everybody should listen to thier album, one of the most underated and greatest albums of all time.

Other than that, try The BUMS album called lyfe n tyme, brilliant record.

Oh and Da Bush Babees might be worth a shot...probably more on the ragga side of things but lots of jazz elements are used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

colin: good tunes i never heard the first 3 before, ecspecially like that brand nubian one, have to check out more of their stuff.. its funny you pick that jeru and gangstarr tracks cause they're two of my all time favourites

jay ru: yeah love the first 2 jazzmatazz albums, never heard of dela that songs class..

cullo; yeah checked some of youngbloods video on youtube deadly alrite

boom bap: great song will have to get the album

right heres a few more that ive been listening to one of my fav songs ever; the album is pretty good too

great tune

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

crooklyn dodgers...great choice

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭colin29

colin: good tunes i never heard the first 3 before, ecspecially like that brand nubian one, have to check out more of their stuff.. its funny you pick that jeru and gangstarr tracks cause they're two of my all time favourites

The Brand Nubian song is from Everything is Everything, great album, rest of the album is along the same lines as the track above, it came out in 1994, Digible Planets are also a great group, also from early to mid 90's.
    And the Dream Warriors, if you want to listen to good Canadian rap then forget about Drake and get some of this, again from the early 90's but still very listenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

Good thread...

downloaded jazz liberatorz and Siah and Yesua dapoED....anyone that hasnt, should!
    Gonna check some others now..

dont know how to emded on here but heres a group i been listenin to who are only new but and have a nice 90's feel of them...

Educated Figures:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZIwkP_z0Uo

Advertisement