Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratch sounds

Options
  • 05-03-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I am looking to get some scratch sounds, specifically I am looking to get the FREEESHHHHH and the sort of waaa/schwaaa sound that are used when its just the beats on eric b and rakims paid in full.

I know the fresh scratch comes from the beginning of an old school tune, which I believe starts with
    "This Stuff Is Really Fresh". I know I have the tune somewhere but just cannot remember the name. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

get yourself some break beats, they are normally laced with dum loops and samples, you might have to do some digging.....either online if you want mp3s, or in record stores for vinyl.

just type break beats into google and you'll get lots of hits that have sample archives

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭surball

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    get yourself some break beats, they are normally laced with dum loops and samples

cheers boom_bap, i knew that alright, but it was that specific one I was interested in. anyway found out from the sample section for paid in full (defintely their best) on wikipedia, sometimes it can be useful for that. Its a Fab Five Freddy record called change the beat. its the very end of the tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU6TuoEBwGA

Advertisement