Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INDO comps

Options
  • 15-02-2010 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

could any one tell me if there is any INDO comps on around the south or even the middle of the country or is it all up in the north and west.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

All the big ones are in Ennis and the one advantage the indo have over the players championship imho is a nicer spread of comps

THE SIX NATIONS
    FEBRUARY 26TH TO 28TH THE SOUTHERN HOTEL SLIGO
    DUNGARVAN WINTER FESTIVAL
    MARCH 13TH & 14TH LAWLORS HOTEL DUNGARVAN
    I.N.D.O. RANKED
    ATLANTIC FOUR ASIDE
    APRIL 24TH & 25TH LYNCHS WEST COUNTY HOTEL
    ENNIS CO CLARE
    CONTAINING I.N.D.O. SINGLES
    MOHILL SPRING FESTIVAL
    MAY 9TH & 10TH RYNN VALLEY HOTEL
    MOHILL CO LEITRIM
    I.N.D.O. RANKED
    CORK SUMMER FESTIVAL
    JUNE 13TH & 14TH HOTEL MONTENOTTE HOTEL
    CORK CITY
    I.N.D.O. RANKED
    THE IRISH MASTERS
    AUGUST 21ST & 22ND WEST COUNTY HOTEL
    ENNIS CO CLARE
    I.N.D.O. RANKED
    BRIDLINGTON
    SEPTEMBER 2ND to 5TH WORLD MASTERS
    &
    LAKESIDE QUALIFIERS
    EUROPE CUP
    OCTOBER 13TH to 16TH TURKEY
    CELTIC CUP
    OCTOBER 23RD & 24TH VENUE TO BE ANNOUNCED
    PROVISIONAL

NATIONAL SINGLES
    OCTOBER 30TH & 31ST WEST COUNTY HOTEL
    ENNIS CO CLARE
    I.N.D.O. RANKED
    SLIGO COUNTY SINGLES
    NOVEMBER 8TH THE SOUTHERN HOTEL SLIGO
    PROVISIONAL DATE
    I.N.D.O. RANKED

LIMERICK CLASSIC SINGLES
    NOVEMBER 13TH CARLTON CASTLETROY PARK HOTEL
    LIMERICK
    I.N.D.O. RANKED
    PROVISIONAL

LIMERICK INVITATIONAL INTER COUNTY
    CHALLENGE
    NOVEMBER 14TH CARLTON CASTLETROY PARK HOTEL
    LIMERICK
    PROVISIONAL
    MOHILL WINTER FESTIVAL
    NOVEMBER 27TH & 28TH RYNN VALLEY HOTEL
    MOHILL CO LEITRIM
    I.N.D.O. RANKED
    OTHER DATES TO BE ADDED AT AGM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Here is another couple of fixtures to add to your list - - -

[FONT=trebuchet ms,sans-serif]MARCH 27th 2010 : I.N.D.O. Ireland Youth Inter-Counties Championship 2010[/FONT]
    [FONT=trebuchet ms,sans-serif]The Southern Hotel, Sligo Town[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms,sans-serif]APRIL 10th-11th 2010 : I.N.D.O. Grand Prix[/FONT]
    [FONT=trebuchet ms,sans-serif]Percy French Hotel, Strokestown, Co.Roscommon[/FONT]

Another great "advantage" for players from the South and South/East to travel hundreds of miles to compete in INDO competitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

Cavan half-ranked 21st March

Mayo ranking tournament - August I think? Saw a flyer in Castlebar.

You'd think they would update the fixtures at least.

One thing about the darts, you'll see plenty of new country..........

DG i didn't mean that as an insult to the players champs at all and i apoligise if it came across like that.

Just in my view they have games all over the country and a nicer spread than the PC ones. INDO have games in Sligo, Clare, Limerick, Cork, Mayo, Leitrim, Roscommon and Waterford thats a big chunk of the country.

With regards to the INDO youths being in Sligo, one could argue from the opposite point of view that players from Donegal, Mayo etc.. have to travel alot of miles to compete at the u-21 rankings this year. as they have to travel to, or have travelled to Kilkenny (twice), Dublin, Tipp, Laois and Waterford (I think theres an u21 at every players championship but feel free to correct me if im wrong).

It takes as long to journey from Sligo to Kilkenny as it does from Kilkenny to Sligo. Players only have to go once for the inter counties in Sligo, they have to travel the opposite direction twice to Kilkenny and to probably another couple of events to make the u21 teams.

Also, its further for us this end of the country to travel to the players champs than its is for any of the south/east players to travel to the Irish Masters and the other big INDO games (intercounties excluded)

Again I don't mean this as a dig and I certainly didn't mean the "advantage" comment as an insult, and Im no fan of the INDO but just one look at the fixture list and venues shows the spread of games, is based more evenly throughout the country in the INDO events.

vindaloo1 wrote: »

Was the flyer for an indo tournie or for the Mayo rankings? I know they were trying to get an indo for this year but I dunno if they succeeded.

the Mayo rankings are basically the qualifiers for the team and is not an Indo ranked tournie.

they really need to update the website and the amount of games that are tbc with the season already started is a joke but thats what you get with the indo unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Nice to see some Dublin events in there, seems to be an aversion to the Pale

vindaloo1 wrote: »

I don't think that the Cavan Open on March 21st. is INDO-ranked !

It's advertised as an 'Open' event.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Not intended to be a stupid question, but what's the difference?

padr81 wrote: »
    Was the flyer for an indo tournie or for the Mayo rankings? I know they were trying to get an indo for this year but I dunno if they succeeded.

the Mayo rankings are basically the qualifiers for the team and is not an Indo ranked tournie.

they really need to update the website and the amount of games that are tbc with the season already started is a joke but thats what you get with the indo unfortunately

Don't know, I only saw it, didn't really pay any attention to it as someonewas using it as a beer mat.

Dartgod wrote: »
    I don't think that the Cavan Open on March 21st. is INDO-ranked !

It's advertised as an 'Open' event.

I don't know, didn't pick up a flyer, I assumed it was going to be a half ranked.

Presumably with 2000 euro prize money it must mean an open then.

• Advertisement

AndyP wrote: »

Open is just that, an open event, anyone can enter.

INDO will be Republic of Ireland only, and those not banned (i.e. PDPA members).

padr81 wrote: »
    DG i didn't mean that as an insult to the players champs at all and i apoligise if it came across like that.

Just in my view they have games all over the country and a nicer spread than the PC ones. INDO have games in Sligo, Clare, Limerick, Cork, Mayo, Leitrim, Roscommon and Waterford thats a big chunk of the country.

With regards to the INDO youths being in Sligo, one could argue from the opposite point of view that players from Donegal, Mayo etc.. have to travel alot of miles to compete at the u-21 rankings this year. as they have to travel to, or have travelled to Kilkenny (twice), Dublin, Tipp, Laois and Waterford (I think theres an u21 at every players championship but feel free to correct me if im wrong).

It takes as long to journey from Sligo to Kilkenny as it does from Kilkenny to Sligo. Players only have to go once for the inter counties in Sligo, they have to travel the opposite direction twice to Kilkenny and to probably another couple of events to make the u21 teams.

Also, its further for us this end of the country to travel to the players champs than its is for any of the south/east players to travel to the Irish Masters and the other big INDO games (intercounties excluded)

Again I don't mean this as a dig and I certainly didn't mean the "advantage" comment as an insult, and Im no fan of the INDO but just one look at the fixture list and venues shows the spread of games, is based more evenly throughout the country in the INDO events.

No need to apologise, Padr, no offence taken.
    Your comments have opened the door for a debate on the state of darts in this country.
    I am not on here to knock the INDO - - - they do a good job of doing that themselves !

Firstly, regarding the venues for the Players' Championship one of the main reasons why it has been so successful is that players based in the East, South/East and South of the country were totally cheesed off with having to cross the Shannon {no direspect to my friends in that part of the country} for the vast majority of INDO competitions.
    Entries of up to 150 players {135 in Tramore in January} are competing in the Men's Championship plus the ladies and youths at each venue.
    Compare this to the 30 to 40 'church-goers' at the INDO events.

Regarding the INDO Youths' Inter-Counties in Sligo how can the INDO justify staging this event in the North/West of the country ?
    After some 'overnight hassle' at the Inter-Counties Championships in Limerick a few years back the INDO stated that the Youths' Inter-Counties should be held at a central venue as a one-day event.
    These have been held successfully in Ennis and Kilkenny in recent years.
    For teams from the South and South/East to participate in Sligo they would incur considerable costs in travel and overnight accommodation {two nights' stay would be required}

Regarding the Under-21 Trials - - - the INDO have done virtually nothing for the Under-21 players - - - this was left almost entirely to two men Tommy Beirne and Tom Keogh with a lot of help from some of the parents.
    Both of these campaigners have left the INDO and this season Tom Keogh and his Kilkenny comrade, Joe Coyne, decided to continue to look after the under-21 players.
    As most of the Under-21 players were expected to be competing in the Players' Championship they decided to organise trials for the players at the six rounds to cut down travel etc.

AndyP wrote: »

INDO will not rank the event if players from outside the Republic {i.e. Northern Ireland} and 'banned' players {i.e. PDPA members} are allowed to enter.

Dartgod wrote: »
    No need to apologise, Padr, no offence taken.
    Your comments have opened the door for a debate on the state of darts in this country.
    I am not on here to knock the INDO - - - they do a good job of doing that themselves !

Firstly, regarding the venues for the Players' Championship one of the main reasons why it has been so successful is that players based in the East, South/East and South of the country were totally cheesed off with having to cross the Shannon {no direspect to my friends in that part of the country} for the vast majority of INDO competitions.
    Entries of up to 150 players {135 in Tramore in January} are competing in the Men's Championship plus the ladies and youths at each venue.
    Compare this to the 30 to 40 'church-goers' at the INDO events.

Regarding the INDO Youths' Inter-Counties in Sligo how can the INDO justify staging this event in the North/West of the country ?
    After some 'overnight hassle' at the Inter-Counties Championships in Limerick a few years back the INDO stated that the Youths' Inter-Counties should be held at a central venue as a one-day event.
    These have been held successfully in Ennis and Kilkenny in recent years.
    For teams from the South and South/East to participate in Sligo they would incur considerable costs in travel and overnight accommodation {two nights' stay would be required}

Regarding the Under-21 Trials - - - the INDO have done virtually nothing for the Under-21 players - - - this was left almost entirely to two men Tommy Beirne and Tom Keogh with a lot of help from some of the parents.
    Both of these campaigners have left the INDO and this season Tom Keogh and his Kilkenny comrade, Joe Coyne, decided to continue to look after the under-21 players.
    As most of the Under-21 players were expected to be competing in the Players' Championship they decided to organise trials for the players at the six rounds to cut down travel etc.

Cheers for that DG, I'm not really up on our darting politics, i just noticed that they had more events around the country

I agree with the church goers comment. I was at the John Kennedy Cup in Sligo and bar about 6 Sligo players, 2 Mayo players and 3 from Donegal it seems to be whoever was knocking around Sligo at the time and the standard actually shocked me outside of the quater finals or so. There was more 30 dart games than 18's, put it that way.

I understand the reasoning for the u-21's and it seems like its probably going to produce a stronger team when Paddy Meaney isn't strolling every event, but it does put a lot of financial pressure on youngsters this end of the country who have the talent to push for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

To be fair tho Padr, the players championship do move around, and the same financial burden is on a youth from Dublin going to Tramore say as a Galway Youth or cork youth etc.

End of the day, to get to these events, to travel, to enter, it costs money weather its in Ennis or Tramore or donegal or Dublin

To be fair tho Padr, the players championship do move around, and the same financial burden is on a youth from Dublin going to Tramore say as a Galway Youth or cork youth etc.

End of the day, to get to these events, to travel, to enter, it costs money weather its in Ennis or Tramore or donegal or Dublin

oh ya no doubt Dion. Thats kinda my point, its the same for us westerners to trek to the PC as it is for south/east to trek to indo events. In fact its probably easier to get to Ennis for southerners.

But its easier to get motivated to travel to a comp when its on your side of the country and you know a leg would be played close to you or on your door step (which is kinda my reason for going to certain indo events and one of the reasons Joe Coyne and DG started the players champs, they were annoyed that indo stick all there games the far end of the country) When they are close, you can drive, play the games and be home in time to put the kids to bed. For example its not a huge trek from Dublin to Kilkenny and with an event in Dublin that gives the Dublin lads 2-3 games a year thats close by and can be driven by parents etc.. for the day. Its easier to travel to stump up the cash for Tramore when you know you'll have 2 or 3 in driving distance while lads from teh West have to stump up the cash for at least 3 events.

Not a knock per se as the players championship from what I hear from the Mayo lads who compete in it is a brilliant set up and run perfectly, but its just as hard for a Mayo lad to make Kilkenny as it is for a KK lad to make Sligo etc... As I said I don't have an issue with the PC itself, but alot like the way the INDO tend to cut off the guys east and south from making the national team, its vice versa for the u-21's although with the u21's its probably lack of manpower as DG stated.

Im hoping to get to 3 of next years PC games with a few mates, Dublin will certainly be one because of the simple fact I have mates there and won't have to pay b&b etc... and I'll be weighing up options about which other 2 to go with when the fixtures come out.

Advertisement