Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn availability in Ireland

Options
  • 14-02-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi all - I m desparatly trying to source Quorn food that isnt just the usual sausages and burgers

So I emailed Quorn a list of what out of their 100 products online that I wanted and asked where could I get them as Tescos get something in and then its gone. Fair play to Quorn they mailed back next day to say that most of the range is not available in Ireland :(

how ever they did give me a complete list of what is available and where which ive c & p below. Hope it helps some one out

DUNNES FROZEN
    Product
    Quorn Sausage 300g
    Quorn Pieces 300g
    Quorn Garlic Herb Fillets 200g
    Quorn Mince 300g
    Quorn Gruyere Escalope 220g
    Quorn Burgers 140g
    Quorn Fillets 312g
    Quorn Cottage Pie 300g
    Quorn Chicken Style Curry 300g
    Quorn Southern Style Burgers 150g

SUPERQUINN FROZEN
    Product
    Quorn Southern Style Burger 252g
    Quorn Pieces 300g
    Quorn Mince 300g
    Quorn Burgers 140g
    Quorn Sausages 168g
    Quorn Bacon Style Rashers 150g

SUPERQUINN CHILLED
    Product
    Quorn Cottage Pie 300g
    Quorn Sausages 250g
    Quorn Lasagne 400g

SUPERVALU FROZEN
    Quorn Pieces 300g
    Quorn Battered Fillets 200g
    Quorn Mince 300g
    Quorn Burgers 140g
    Quorn Sausages 168g

TESCO FROZEN

Product
    Quorn Burgers 300g
    Quorn Burgers 140g
    Quorn Sausage 336g
    Quorn Sausage 168g
    Quorn Pieces 300g
    Quorn Bacon Style Rashers 150g
    Quorn Mince 500g
    Quorn Battered Fillets 200g
    Quorn Mince & Onion Pies 567g
    Quorn Big Bites Hot Spicy 230g
    Quorn Spring Rolls 200g
    Quorn Roast 454g
    Quorn Creamy Mushroom Pies 567g
    Quorn Cottage Pie 300g
    Quorn Just Add Beef Style Chilli 400g
    Quorn Just Add Chicken Style Fajita 400g
    Quorn Simply Fillets 312g
    Quorn Chicken Style Curry 300g
    Quorn Balls 300g
    Quorn Chicken Style Burgers 252g

TESCO CHILLED

Product
    Quorn Cottage Pie 500g
    Quorn Cumberland Sausage 250g
    Quorn Fajita Strips 140g
    Quorn Lasagne 500g
    Quorn Korma & Rice 400g

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Cool, thanks snowey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 limerickgal89

Thanks so much! I could live off quorn, it's delicious:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

thanks, handy list. Mmmm Gruyere

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Wow thats quite a list...makes me sad that i dont eat quorn etc:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Thanks for that snowey! I wish more of their range was available here :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Thanks for that - even though I am not a vegetarian (some of my family members are) - I eat a lot of Quorn as a) its sooo handy (mince and chicken pieces especially) and b) its gorgeous!.. they had a lovely range of Quorn products up the north in Sainsburys, pity they don't do it down here....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Superquinn Blackrock have gone brutal on their quorn selection recently. They tend to only have the mince and burgers, no pieces or garlic and herb fillets anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Thanks snowey, i love my quorn!! just hate the way tesco stock stuff and then it disappears for ages!!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Superquinn Blackrock have gone brutal on their quorn selection recently. They tend to only have the mince and burgers, no pieces or garlic and herb fillets anymore.

Actually, try Centra's - they tend to have the Garlic & Herb fillets. They usually run out of the plain, crispy fillets, when I have a need for them and am left to look at the Garlic & Herbs in the fridge..with disappointment. Bas.Tar.dos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Hi everyone I saw a documentary about quorn one day on the telly and have'nt touched it since. It was a long while back, cant remember most of the details but either way that was the end for me. check out the wikipedia link here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorn

• Advertisement

Yaah, we can all make Quorn now! :D

"Mycoprotein patent

In European Union all patents expire after a maximum of 25 years. The initial retail product was produced in 1985, so mycoprotein patent will expire in 2010 in all EU countries. Anyone might produce mycoprotein products, but using other brands, because Marlow Foods will mantain 'Quorn' brand.
    "
    Hello, newbie dermothickey - do you have any more details on that documentary? I'd love to see it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

deadly.

/opens company

Its gone by me now. But basically the story goes a bunch of scientists and government economic heads in the early 60's knew that the way the world bank was operating their was gonna be famine. They initially thought it would be worldwide so they were looking for ways to produce a super food. Apparently they produced a synthetic mould which formed on horse manure, Though the wiki article says something about cereal. But if you look at it logically, There was a chemical company and a pharmaceutical company involved in it. Either way its man made, it isnt a mould which forms naturally. I gave up on quorn straight away, never looked back and truthfully cant understand why A lot of veggies eat it. As it tastes like meat but thats my opinion. One documentary, interviews with the culprits spilling the beans turned me away from it. I remember there was a packet of the chicken style pieces in the freezer for months after it (left to the new tenants)haha felt like it was diseasing my freezer.

Who's on for a new quorn? what will we call it? company is open :)

Ah, I never heard that it was discovered growing on horse manure! I'm surprised that it's closer to a mould than a fungus but I strongly suspect that they don't scrape it off the dung and chuck it at the glucose. Was that what grossed you out about it?

Anyhoo, I volunteers for tasting/testing duties (cue, "will she spit or will she swallow" style innuendo) :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

At the time I was working with a big development agency and what messed my head up was the sinister playings and the forces driving behind it. They had a chance to create a fairer market for all but instead were looking for a synthetic food that could sort it out while they got their hands on the gold diamonds etc...maybe im being a bit unfair I mean these guys have our best interests at heart right? right? right?

Im on for the spit or swallow technique :D

@dermothickey
    Could it have been "The Rise & Rise of Food Science"? On BBC4? Maybe shown late 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Whenever I go to Tesco's they always have different quorn products from the time before. And now i can never find that yummy quorn chicken korma thingy :(

thou shalt not...it was around 2000 I watched it :) Hence the sketchy info

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

My 3 faves are:
    chicken style pieces (delicious when used with curry)
    mince (delicious when used with chili)
    chicken style burgers (delicious when used with mayo and lettuce)

;)

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement