Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

2010 Cooking Club Week 6: Chicken & Chorizo Rice Bake

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ Jasnah

Could this be prepared a few hours in advance before being put in the oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭ davidm20

I made this for the first time last weekend and I'm making it again this weekend. It was epic.

Jasnah wrote: »
    Could this be prepared a few hours in advance before being put in the oven?
    I made it up in the morning, Mixed up the rice, onion & chorizo but didn't add the stock or wine.
    I left it for a few hours, added the stock at half time in the rugby then cooked it.
    I reckon it might even help with the flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ padraig.od

Has anyone tried this with some prawns also thrown in?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭ Mr. CooL ICE

Made this at the weekend and was really tasty. I didn't add enough liquid so it was on the verge of burning, but as stated it was quite forgiving. White wine and chicken stock is a match made in heaven.

Added half a bag of chopped kale to veg it up a notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ ElizaT33

I made this today - was just DELICIOUS (I used Chicken Stock Pot too), together with a tray of slow baked leeks, more chorizo, cream, pepper, garlic and topped with cheese! It was GORGEOUS!:D, Nice1Franko!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ shuvly

2014-04-12 20.44.32.jpg

Made this tonight with thighs and added mushrooms and peas as extras as others here have done...it was yum. And added bonus of necessity of opening a bottle of wine which I now have a necessity to drink...cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭ snowgal

Can someone please tell me could I pre do some of this today and then bung it in the oven during the gaa game?! How much could I pre do? Thanks a mill

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gloomtastic!

Friends round for dinner so thought I'd give this dish a try. Unbelievable response from everyone, third or fourth helpings all round.
    Thanks very much OP, one of the best dinners ever. :)

Edit: Oops, just realised OP has closed his account, shame, but thanks anyway!

• Moderators Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭ ChewChew

I've made this a good few times now and again last week but this time I actually used the White wine. I love this dish, it's so easy and tasty but I don't think the White wine does anything for the dish so will continue making it without. Not that it was bad, because it wasn't, we just prefer without using wine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭ Tilly

Gonna make this tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭ Cheshire Cat

Funny, that this is popping up again. Made it on Saturday. Have made it quite a few times, everybody loves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭ SB_Part2

Dragging up an old thread. :) Was looking back at some of the old recipes and decided to make it again. Currently in the oven and smells gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭ James Bond Junior

Was trawling through OLD posts to find dinner ideas and made this. Tweaked the recipe with a good squirt of tomato paste. A new favourite I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭ Sycamore Tree

I am going to try this tonight. Excuse the idiot question but how does one know whether a white wine is dry or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭ MAJJ

I made this the other night and all in my family loved it. Did it years ago and forgot how tasty it was, cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Mr Magnolia

Can't believe this recipe was put up in 2010! It's been a while since I cooked it and I really don't know why...!

2jerzno.png

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭ Telly

Made this the other night and it was a household winner. totally forgot about it until last week and i need to use up some bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭ jt69er

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Angelle123

That looks very yum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭ limnam

Made this tonight (sorry no pics)

Can't believe I leave it so long each time.

Pronominal plate of food for such little effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭ Cluedo Monopoly

Silly question I know what exactly is 2-3 cups of rice? I have large mugs :)

Would it be 75g per person?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭ limnam

Silly question I know what exactly is 2-3 cups of rice? I have large mugs :)

Would it be 75g per person?

I'd say just do what you normally do per person when you're cooking rice

I do about 80-90g per person when making this and it's plenty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭ Cluedo Monopoly

Very tasty meal. The rice certainly soaks up the wine/stock.

I would use a little more wine and more salt the next time I cook it. Maybe even another clove of garlic.

Advertisement