Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baldness

Options
  • 06-02-2010 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

I have noticed that I have lost alot of hair lately. Its not coming out in clumps or anything but I always see hairs at my laptop and running my hand through hair. I don't have a receeding hairline nor do have hair missing from the back. I have been sick of late with glandular fever. I am missing the hair from behind my fringe. I am not developing side streets either. I got my hair cut really short in September and it was very thick. Afterwards I got it cut again and the hairdresser used a thining scissors on it alot and pulled hair out wiht its bluntness. I am wondering has she ruined my hair or do I have to wait for it to grow back and that its normal for losing hairs? Am I going bald or do I have alpechia that will go back in time. I have started Kerestase Hair 3 monthly treatment in case it is baldness but I dont know what else to do. I dont need to shave it or anything but I'm wondering am I going bald. Am I going bald?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

What age are you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

What age are you ?

22 man

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

It happens to all of us Bud,

I remember someone saying to me years ago that you will have the same hair as your mothers father. In my case its true, But i've always had mine tight anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

OP, since you've been sick you should check with your gp if this is a symptom of your illness.

If it isn't you should embrace the short back and shine, some of the worlds sexiest men are baldies.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

what's your dad's, granddad's etc. hair like? any other baldness cases in your family?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭yessam

I once heard you are most likely to inherit you mothers father hairline. Both my granfathers were like egg heads and I have inherited it. Dont worry its not a big deal.
    You said you were sick so it is most likely some side effects of this. Give your doctor as visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

shaved the head for the first time this evening! very cold now. Nothing wrong with going blad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

So baldness can be blamed on your Grandad can it? My grandad on the mothers side was bald at 40. My Grandad on the fathers side was grey at 30. I still have a full head of brown hair at 40. Am I going to wake up bald one day to find a mass of grey hair on the pillow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 davy7

there is no set formula for baldness. so im not tracking down my family history just yet!! of course there are hereditary cycles but they are impossible to track!!

bald is all the rage at the moment anyway so just go with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

As the late great Linda Smith once said, all women want in a guy physically is a nice smile and a clean shirt.

Don't fight nature, embrace the dome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement