Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegenaise?

Options
  • 05-02-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

I've had a few slips but been vegan 99% of the time over the last month and really happy. I can live without butter/mayo but I would love to know of any shop in Dublin that sells Vegenaise that tastes good. Similar story with butter. The memories of warm buttery toast haven't disappeared yet and the sunflower spreads and soya spreads I've tasted so far just don't compare.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

The only thing I found that tastes like butter is Earth Balance but you can only get that in the US. I bought some home with me last time!! I use the M+S dairy free marg which is marked as vegan.

As for mayo type things I usually go with Mayola which to me tastes more like salad cream but I find it quite nice. Plamil also do the flavoured mayo and this is ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I have heard of earth balance.......it sounds like a great product.
    Where can you get the mayola?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

^ I got mine from Tesco in Jervis. They seem to have expanded their free from range.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Maybe not quie what you were looking for but anyhoo - I'm a dyed in the wool Hellmanns addict but the only thing that gives it a run for it's money is...freshly mashed avocado, tada!

Not suitable for everything but a great substitute in sambos.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

:DThank you. I got the Mayola and a Parmesan replacement at Tesco yesterday and I'm a very happy veggie! The mayola tastes great and will make my sandwiches far tastier.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Im with thou shalt not..mashed avacado...Whats really nice is avacado with black pepper and a small dash of balsamic vinegar on a bed of toast with a few leaves ...mmm yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Mayola isn't bad. I was a Hellman's fan, so nothing has managed to compare so far.

For butter, have you tried Pure spread? I honestly can't say how it compares because I never liked butter on my toast or sandwiches. It's good in baking and my brother has eaten it unknowingly and hasn't commented on the taste.

Advertisement