Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland inter counties championship

Options
  • 04-02-2010 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

The All Ireland inter counties championship takes place this weekend in Castlebar Co Mayo. Cork are the reigning champions and Mayo were last year's runners up. Does anyone know if the draw for this tournament can be got online? This is the highlight of the year for many county players but INDO do very little to promote it and there's absoloutley no media coverage of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Find the draw? Don't think it'll be made till at least tomorrow night at or before the singles. the indo website is www.irelanddarts.com but it hasn't being last updated since before the mohill winter festival and the rankings were looked after for awhile and than disappeared mid season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

padr81 wrote: »
    Find the draw? Don't think it'll be made till at least tomorrow night at or before the singles. the indo website is www.irelanddarts.com but it hasn't being last updated since before the mohill winter festival and the rankings were looked after for awhile and than disappeared mid season.
    I checked the INDO website but as you said hasn't been updated for quite a while. I was working in Mayo this time last year and the local county newspaper The Western People done a very good report on the Mayo teams in the All Ireland giving a good report on the teams in each of their sections and a results round up. 103FM radio station in Cork gave reports of the Cork's teams progress during the weekend last year but i had to depend on this good forum to find out the end results! I thought the draw might have been done by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 attaturk

dartbhoy wrote: »
    The All Ireland inter counties championship takes place this weekend in Castlebar Co Mayo. Cork are the reigning champions and Mayo were last year's runners up. Does anyone know if the draw for this tournament can be got online? This is the highlight of the year for many county players but INDO do very little to promote it and there's absoloutley no media coverage of it.
    the draw is traditionally done on the sat morn morning lads with 6[i think] teams being seeded but defo draw on sat. was involved for a few years and the wait is horrible as for publicity the INDO should take a serious look at themselves its shocking and a real chance to promote the game is being missed particularly with the sport bing so well televised at the moment

attaturk wrote: »
    the draw is traditionally done on the sat morn morning lads with 6[i think] teams being seeded but defo draw on sat. was involved for a few years and the wait is horrible as for publicity the INDO should take a serious look at themselves its shocking and a real chance to promote the game is being missed particularly with the sport bing so well televised at the moment

Definately, most the indo guys are dead sound (i've met a few) but don't really know how to run what they're running if that makes sense. They have no real p.r., no real organisation and I know Mussha off this forum whose playing on Saturday couldn't even get a rule book off them. Their only real way to spread news of the games is to leave flyers at one game for the next and at local comps around sligo etc.. very old and very dated.

I think the website was an honest attempt to get started but due to lack of time or effort I couldn't tell ya which, first the results stopped coming up, than the rankings stopped updating etc.. and it fell so far behind that I think they gave up on it. Going on to there website than click Connaught darts than Sligo blogspot is usually the easiest way to find the upcoming games.

As said above MidWest are very pro darts and will give updates at every available time but they'll be centred around the hosts (not that i'm complaining) If I get up Saturday for a look I'll update you guys when I get home and same thing Sunday.

For what its worth its hard to look past Cork, Donegal, Mayo, Kilkenny and possibly Wexford for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

Draw is made Saturday morning at the managers meeting, no seeding.

The rules are the same as the WDF rules, you can get that off a website somewhere but not the INDO one. There are other rules, in a constitution, but that is at the sports council or so I was told.

Regarding the website, very very poor, they really are missing a trick there. No mention of Bridlington, Lakeside, the Europe Cup Youths, or the World Cup Mens and Youths successes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

The following are the Men's Groups in Castlebar - - -

{1} Cavan, Dublin, Kilkenny and Waterford.
    {2} Donegal, Meath, Longford and Tipperary.
    {3} Carlow, Wicklow, Roscommon and Limerick.
    {4} Sligo, Mayo, Galway and Monaghan.
    {5} Cork, Wexford and Offaly.
    {6} Westmeath, Kerry and Laois.

Dartgod wrote: »
    The following are the Men's Groups in Castlebar - - -

I'll have a guess and go. Kilkenny, Donegal, Limerick, Mayo, Cork and Kerry. Sligo, Mayo and Galway certainly looks interesting.

Some interesting groups there with group 4 certaintly a hard group for 1 of the favourites Mayo who must play western rivals Sligo and Galway as well as Monaghan,won't be an easy group to get out of. Cork face a tricky tie against Wexford in group 5.

Cork mens team beat Wexford 8-4 and play Offaly next at 4 00pm. Cork beat Dublin 6-0 in the Ladies and play Galway in their next game. I got these results off the local radio station.

Mayo beat Sligo 7-5 and Galway 10-2. Sligo beat Monaghan 8-4 and Galway Monaghan finished 6 all. when I left Mayo were 5-1 up on Monaghan and Galway v Sligo was 2-2 (i think) in a horrible game of darts, Sligo were holding back there big guns.

Dartbhoy, Cork were either 3 or 4-2 up against Offaly both teams playing very well. Didn't get to see any of the other games but I heard Donegal and Kilkenny were struggling a tad.

• Advertisement

Mayo beat Monaghan 11-1 to follow up the 7-5 over Sligo and 10-2 over Galway.

Men's Group placings - - - Red teams first - Blue teams second

Play-offs are on at the moment - - - hope to have more news later.

The following is the line-up for the Men's Quarter-finals on Sunday - - -
    Donegal v Wexford
    Mayo v Kilkenny
    Dublin v Kerry
    Limerick v Cork

Anybody got any results from the Ladies' Championship ?

The following is the line-up for the Men's Quarter-finals on Sunday - - -
    Donegal v Wexford
    Mayo v Kilkenny
    Dublin v Kerry
    Limerick v Cork

Anybody got any results from the Ladies' Championship ?
    The Cork Ladies topped their group beating Dublin and Galway. Other than that don't have any other results from the Ladies. Great line up for the quarter finals in the men tomorrow.

Semi-final line-up for the Men's Inter-Counties as follows - -

Donegal v Kilkenny
    Dublin v Cork

The only news from the Ladies' event is that Cork are through to the semis against either Carlow or Donegal.

What are the odds on another Cork double ?

2 great semis in prospect in the mens. Great if Cork could do the double again.

Still on for the Cork double in Castlebar.

The Cork ladies are through to the final against Wexford while the Cork men's team will take on Donegal after defeating Dublin 7 - 3 in the semis.
    Donegal defeated Kilkenny 7 - 5 in the other semi.

Thanks for the updates Dartgod. Hopefully Cork will do the double now.

Latest from Castlebar - - - - -

Cork ladies won the INDO Inter-Counties title for the 7th. time in ten years when they defeated Wexford in the final.

And the latest from the Men's final - - - - - Cork 3 - 2 Donegal.

Still on course for a Rebel Double !

Well done to Cork Ladies,another great acheivement winning an All Ireland.

• Advertisement

Unconfirmed report that Donegal won 7 - 3 - - - can anyone confirm ?

The West is asleep - - - lines of communication have broken down !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Unconfirmed report that Donegal won 7 - 3 - - - can anyone confirm ?

The West is asleep - - - lines of communication have broken down !

Donegal 7-4 Cork

It was definately 7-3 to Donegal. Great game of darts, Donegal won cause they were far stronger on the mid level outshots.

Campbell Jackson took out 79 and 114 after going 1 down to Damien O'Driscoll and it kinda set the tone. Cork were 3-2 up and Donegal kicked into gear. Massive game of darts saw a Cork lad whose name I can't remember beat Sean Wilson, huge darts.

Cork beat Dublin comfotably enough in the semi's coming from 3-1 down to win either 7-3 or 7-4, while Kilkenny pushed Donegal to 7-5.

One final point the Cork team are really good, really together and are nice blokes but boy do they strike a pose when they hit a double. Every other team simply might punch the air etc.. but the Cork lads nearly took the roof off the place every time they hit a score

Massive game of darts saw a Cork lad whose name I can't remember beat Sean Wilson, huge darts.

That would be Peter Quinn.

Good darts yesterday in the final, surprising given that the semis were very nervy affairs (well the Kilkenny v Donegal game was anyway).

Kilkenny will be disappointed, they could have beaten Donegal in the semis.

vindaloo1 wrote: »
    That would be Peter Quinn.

Good darts yesterday in the final, surprising given that the semis were very nervy affairs (well the Kilkenny v Donegal game was anyway).

Kilkenny will be disappointed, they could have beaten Donegal in the semis.

Definately, the semi's were hit and miss and saw alot of messy games. KK definately had their chance against Donegal, they played far better in the last 8 to beat Mayo and I quite fancied them after it was about 3-3.

I didn't see the Cork v Dublin semi but one of my mates said once Dublin went 3-1 up they kinda got nervy and Cork threw nice darts to take the next 6 in a row.

Only problem was a bunch of the tinkers I think off the Galway team kicked **** out of a couple of young lads the night before. They waited till almost everyone had left and picked on two young lads. At least as far as I'm told it was Galway lads, not a dig at the galway team at all just the ones who caused the trouble.

The other lads should tell them to **** off back to their haulting sites and stop them from playing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Campbell Jackson took out 79 and 114
    WTF that man is from Derry (no offense to Campbell), shower of $%^& they wont give lads in our area a chance to play for their county it is a closed shop (its not hard to know the chairman of the INDO is living in Donegal) how can this be? I cant believe that they are getting away with this.

This is the county board that objected at the last minute a few years back about 3 of our leagues players playing for Meath you don't know half of the crap that goes on up here lads.

Goes under Tyrone in the Players Championship, Donegal for the INDO Inter-counties.

He got in as he was not playing senior county in NIDO, got NIDO clearance, and was playing in Donegal leagues.

It stinks of packing teams but not much that can be done if he meets criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

What sort of average do you need to be competitive at one of these things? I love to compete but i'm not interested in making a tit of myself in public. I average at about 38.

vindaloo1 wrote: »
    Goes under Tyrone in the Players Championship, Donegal for the INDO Inter-counties.

He got in as he was not playing senior county in NIDO, got NIDO clearance, and was playing in Donegal leagues.

It stinks of packing teams but not much that can be done if he meets criteria.

What criteria ??? - - - it is very unfair on genuine county teams who rely on their own players to compete in the Inter-Counties and then come up against "packed teams" !

This has been going on for years !

N.B. No disrespect to my good friend Campbell Jackson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭theroversreturn

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    What sort of average do you need to be competitive at one of these things? I love to compete but i'm not interested in making a tit of myself in public. I average at about 38.

unless ur averaging that with 1 dart ur wasting ur time

Advertisement