Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken for breakfast

Options
  • 21-01-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

im just wondering would having a breast of chicken for breakfast have any disadvantages compared to cereal.... im trying to keep my protein intake up while minimising the amount of carbs..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Chicken breast is low in fat and carbs, so mainly protein.

While it's a good idea to have some protein at breakfast, using protein for an energy source is not a good idea.

So include a small amount of fat or unprocessed carbs such as a little potato with the chicken, or better yet, eat an omlette with some vegetables thrown in. Keeps you full for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I've had homemade soup for breakfast for the last couple of days. Chicken plus chicken stock plus brussel sprouts. Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

if you are only taking in a little carbs every day, then have them at breakfast, in the form of fruit and oats. but to answer your question, there is no major problem with having a chicken breast for breakfast, however, it will get very boring very fast if you are eating it without either a carb or fat source

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

EileenG wrote: »
    I've had homemade soup for breakfast for the last couple of days. Chicken plus chicken stock plus brussel sprouts. Yum.

:eek::eek::eek: WOW!!! that is hardcore stuff :p
    I make a tofu scramble for breakfast (basically a stir fry) and have that without rice or anything so I'd assume a chicken one would also be nice!?
    I throw in onions, mushrooms, red peppers, sweetcorn, courgette, spinach, kale etc.., spices, garlic and lemon juice it's really good. You could throw in some potato, squash or sweet potato for carbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

It wasn't hardcore so much as quick and handy. Soup was made, it was much easier to heat up than to make something from scratch. But it was a great start to the day, kept me going for ages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement