Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kool Keith

Options
  • 21-01-2010 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Does anyone rate this guy? He seems like a bit of an enigma to me.

He's given veteran legendary status because of Ultramagnetic MCs, but he seems to be churning out weird, comcept off the wall albums under a different moniker every few months. Doctor Doom, Black Elvis, Doctor Octagonologist etc etc!

I have heard he is a bit nuts, as in he literally spent time in Belleview Mental institution, but he seems to have no problem getting albums out!

I love his stuff with Ultramagnetic, and the raps on the Prodigy's Diesel Power. Which is his best modern album to start with though? Sex Style, Black Elvis, Doctor Octagonologist, Matthew etc etc....?

Discography:

1996: Dr. Octagonecologyst
    1996: A Better Tomorrow (with Dan the Automator)
    1997: The Cenobites (with Godfather Don)
    1997: Sex Style
    1999: First Come, First Served
    1999: Black Elvis/Lost in Space
    2000: Matthew
    2001: Spankmaster
    2004: Diesel Truckers (with KutMasta Kurt)
    2004: Personal Album
    2006: Nogatco Rd.
    2006: Project Polaroid (with TOMC3)
    2006: The Return of Dr. Octagon
    2008: Dr. Dooom 2
    2009: Tashan Dorrsett
    2009: IDEA OF A MASTER PIECE with 54-71

Any thoughts either way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

You need to hear Halfsharkalligatorhalfman so get Dr. Octagonecologyst.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Keith is an absolute legend! Seriously he's one of the most original/influecial emcees ever, Andre 3000, DOOM, Ghostface, etc wouldn't be who they are today without Keith. The amount of people he dissed aswell without ever getting dissed back ( bar Tim Dogg ) everybody from Rakim to Simon Cowell!

I think you should get Sex Style, his rapping on that is on par with his Ultra stuff, most of his albums are an acquired taste though

He has about 20 other albums outside of the one's you listed, it'd take ya months to go through his discog

When he's on form he's arguably one of the most skilled/creative emcees ever to bless the mic

Advertisement