Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2Pac - Shakurspeare

Options
  • 21-01-2010 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Anybody know the story with this album? I know it was mentioned in the Hip Hop 2010 thread, can't find many articles about it apart from the Wikipedia page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakurspeare

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Jesus Christ. Are they really going to call it that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. Are they really going to call it that?
    Apparently so unless its until they think of something better, diabolical name isn't it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Don't head what Wiki says, it will not feature any of them Artists. Everything on the Wiki page is false, it's becoming a joke on 2Pac forums.

This is not the next 2Pac album! Amaru or Death Row have nothing to do with this. This is more of a Project made up of songs that 2Pac recorded before being signed to a label, the so called "Born Busy" days (Late 80's). It's been released by Darrin Keith Bastfield and yes, this will be called "Shakurspeare", awful name I know. It has an awful cover too, in fact it smacks of a bad mixtape.

It was supposed to have been released ages ago but problems arose, perhaps with gaining Amaru's permission to release it. Anyway, the current release date is June 16th 2010 (the same day as the projected release date of the next TRUE 2Pac album, an album consisting of 13 Unreleased songs he recorded on Death Row.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

More "new" 2pac albums? This is getting way past necrophilia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

whats that about a song featuring Bone Thugs N harmony released in 94? (16 years go, Jesus)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is the demo's that he shopped to labels to get signed.

in the Biggie/Tupac movie released a few years back, the guy who owns the originals (not the masters) is interviewed and plays a sample. If i remember correctly, he was trying to sell them to the higest bidder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Does anyone know if this album is still going ahead? The Wikipedia page has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Jigga wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this album is still going ahead? The Wikipedia page has been deleted.

Hopefully they've just changed the name, would have been an absolute travesty to release it with that title. Also hope the next record is a decent one with original tracks, not remixes by Jazzy Fay featuring Ashanti.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I havent seen it on any of the release sheets recently, i reckon it's been shelved as the sound quality was supposed to be terrible, no mixing or mastering. Or else it has been put back so it can be made properly.

Advertisement