Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Vegetarian Range

Options
  • 19-01-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Tesco used to stock some tasty frozen burgers, sausages and vegetable fingers

004036.jpg

004030.jpg

004021.jpg

Anybody have seen them lately? I can't find any of them in Dublin city centre

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

In some of the Tescos in Cork, they still have the burgers, although not the packs with 8 normal-size ones, only packs with 2 giant ones.
    The rest seems to have disappeared altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Haven't seen their nut cutlets lately either, really miss those!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I adored the hot dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

As soon as I find something tasty in Tesco, they stop providing it: am I cursed? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Yeah the hot dogs are the best. I see they have kievs as well, they're waiting for me in my freezer - it'll be hard to beat the dunnes ones though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Haven't seen them in my local tesco for a while :(
    The hot dogs and burgers were very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I have yet to find my local Tescoes, my house mate says it's out there somewhere...

I used to like their "Tesco's finest" vegetarian canellonni. It's faily expensive but I used to get it as a present to myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I feel the same way about Tesco; as soon as I find something new that I like, they stop stocking it!

Anyhow their burgers and hotdogs were made by Tival and rebranded. Evergreen in Galway stocks Tival products for sure and more places probably do too. I don't know if they have the burgers (probably do) but they certainly have the hotdogs. Unfortunately, they now a bit more expensive than they were as Tesco own-brand.

Kix wrote: »
    I feel the same way about Tesco; as soon as I find something new that I like, they stop stocking it!

Anyhow their burgers and hotdogs were made by Tival and rebranded. Evergreen in Galway stocks Tival products for sure and more places probably do too. I don't know if they have the burgers (probably do) but they certainly have the hotdogs. Unfortunately, they now a bit more expensive than they were as Tesco own-brand.

Thanks mate! This is a great news!

I hope they have also those nice swedish meatballs, because the one from quorn are not even close to the tesco one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

I love the burgers, they are REALLY tasty. Nicest vegan burgers I've come across, and the boyfriend really likes them too and often buys them instead of meat. They're really good on the BBQ as well and I've often had to fight meat-eating people away from them, who think they can help themselves to MY quota of food!!

• Advertisement

I love the burgers, they are REALLY tasty. Nicest vegan burgers I've come across, and the boyfriend really likes them too and often buys them instead of meat. They're really good on the BBQ as well and I've often had to fight meat-eating people away from them, who think they can help themselves to MY quota of food!!

Are you talking in the past or you still can find those burgers somewhere?

haven't been searching for them in a while but a couple months ago I saw them in the Rathfarnham branch, they have always been there. And in Tallaght...

haven't been searching for them in a while but a couple months ago I saw them in the Rathfarnham branch, they have always been there. And in Tallaght...

:( unfortunately they don't have them anymore

both stores?! how do you know this so quickly, have you checked already recently? :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

I got loads of the 'meatballs' in tesco Dundrum recently, and as far as i remember they had various other things from the range, but i can't remember if they had burgers, sorry.

StudentC wrote: »
    I got loads of the 'meatballs' in tesco Dundrum recently, and as far as i remember they had various other things from the range, but i can't remember if they had burgers, sorry.

Are the meatballs vegan or vegetarian? Are they nice? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Are the meatballs vegan or vegetarian? Are they nice? :)

I'm not sure if they're vegan, I'll check the package tonight.

To be honest I don't actually particularly like them - I just eat them for protein, as a bit of a change from beans/lentils/tofu etc. To me, they taste like what I think real meatballs might taste like. Which is neither pleasant nor unpleasant, just a bit dull! I tend to chop them up and smother them in sauce.

I'll check what else they have in that tesco the next time I'm there. Also, if you really want something, would it be worth ringing Tesco head office and asking them which shops get which products?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I imagine Tesco wouldn't make an answer easy for you on that one.

Advertisement