Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best veggie breakfast near Trinity

Options
  • 17-01-2010 10:08pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for your reccommendations for the best filthy fry!
    Eggs/beans/mushroom type items. Or anywhere you suggest really, just say what they have :)

I have never ventured around for foodstuffs in the morning so looking for places to try 8-11am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Have you tried the cornucopia breakfast? I can't really think of places, but I imagine anywhere open that does breakfasts could easily whip up a veggie version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

The buttery (the restaruant in trintiy. More of a cafeteria really though) have a stupidly overpriced Eggs/beans/mushroom type item.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have you tried the cornucopia breakfast? I can't really think of places, but I imagine anywhere open that does breakfasts could easily whip up a veggie version?
    Haven't tried there...due to raah being lazy. Have to wait and try with him.
    Ye dunno what is open etc, or places near there, don't fancy walking around without a plan in the morning.
    raah! wrote: »
    The buttery (the restaruant in trintiy. More of a cafeteria really though) have a stupidly overpriced Eggs/beans/mushroom type item.

What price we talking there lover? Must try their vegetarian special of the day again...just had it once with you and it was awesome...had all the food groups..potato...chickpeas..spinach :D

Woops, thanked your post when I went to reply. Really it was **** :). Nah it was grand.

Yeah taht chickpea curry I think is their now constant vegetarian evening special... either that or they don't do vegetarian specials anymore and just have chick pea curry all the time but I think it was because I was always there after six. It's pretty good thoug, think it's like 4 55 or something on its own, but 5 90 with a soup.

Cornucopia sounds grand. I never was too good at having breakfast though :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

raah! wrote: »
    Woops, thanked your post when I went to reply. Really it was **** :). Nah it was grand.

Haha! I'm more careful not to thank you (:

Yeah taht chickpea curry I think is their now constant vegetarian evening special... either that or they don't do vegetarian specials anymore and just have chick pea curry all the time but I think it was because I was always there after six. It's pretty good thoug, think it's like 4 55 or something on its own, but 5 90 with a soup.

Cornucopia sounds grand. I never was too good at having breakfast though :P

Grand..you back up...? I want curry and soup...though it's a bit much to eat! Ah who am I kidding..I'd eat mine and everbody elses there.

• Advertisement

aye back a few hours ago. My house is diiiiiiiiirrrrty, also the stove exploded a bit and i had to have half cooked pasta... and I got locked in my room. I'm sleeping on underpants tonight so my face doesn't touch the pillow, but perhaps I'm being a tad oversensitive. mmmm, 10 am lecture.

Oh yeah, I live closer though, so cornucopia breakfast would be easier to get to as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

There's a place called Nude off the bottom of Grafton street that has the most awesome Porridge ever.

I'm sure that's not what you're lookin' for though! Not filthy enough.

Also, The Buttery/ Hamilton cafe vegetarian specials are gag-worthy... The vegetarian lasagne was not cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Oh, I keep hearing about that porridge so it must be good :)

bythewoods wrote: »
    There's a place called Nude off the bottom of Grafton street that has the most awesome Porridge ever.

I'm sure that's not what you're lookin' for though! Not filthy enough.

Also, The Buttery/ Hamilton cafe vegetarian specials are gag-worthy... The vegetarian lasagne was not cool.

will give it a shot! Eat muesli/weetabix a lot so porridge might be a nice change :P

I've been exploring dublins filthy breakfasts with anybody that will take me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Not exactly close to Trinity, but Lovin' Spoon on North Frederick Street do an amazing all day veggie brekkie for only €5. You get a huge potato pancake thingy, beans, tomato, a load of mushrooms, 2 eggs and toast. Yum! Actually, might get that for lunch today...

But also, +1 for Cornucopia - their vegan sausages are amazing!

• Advertisement

That sounds good! Time to google North Frederick Street

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AVL5

I haven't been there in a while, but Cafe Irie in Fownes St used to have two clearly marked vegan options in the menu, and a few other veggie options as well - I had breakfast there once and it was nice (and not too expensive!). They also had soy milk available upon request (soy cappuccino!).

Also in Temple Bar: a friend told me that there is a small place at the Crow St Bazaar selling vegetarian snacks, but I haven't been there yet (not sure this counts as breakfast, but it's near Trinity!). Does anybody know anything about it?

Thanks for teh info, I have exploring to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AVL5

I was at the IFI cafe yesterday, and saw that now they have a Vegetarian Breakfast option on the new menu!
    (Also a few other veggie options that were already part of the menu before - falafel and a couple of other things I don't remember right now)

AVL5 wrote: »
    I was at the IFI cafe yesterday, and saw that now they have a Vegetarian Breakfast option on the new menu!
    (Also a few other veggie options that were already part of the menu before - falafel and a couple of other things I don't remember right now)

Thanks very much! :)

Advertisement