Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hairy Lemon Pub, Dublin, offers vegan pub grub

Options
  • 17-01-2010 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

I didn't realise that they had dishes labelled specifically as vegan on their menu in store until I went in there on Friday with some work colleagues. I was so pleased not to have to just order chips! There is nothing fancy about the food (it is pub grub after all) but it was great to be able to order it. :)
    Vegetable Curry
    Fresh crunchy vegetables served in a mild curry sauce over a bed of rice. Red lentils optional. (Basmati rice & fries add €1.50) €9.90
    Vegetable Stir Fry
    Farm fresh vegetables stir fried in a tasty authentic Chinese sauce. (Basmati rice & fries add €1.50) €9.90
    Spiced Chickpea Burger
    Chickpea & corinader burger on a floury bap with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and mint yoghurt (just ask for no yoghurt!) €9.90

There were other veggie only labelled dishes too:
    Vegetarian Breakfast
    Fried, poached or scrambled eggs with spinach, tomato, carmilised onions, mushrooms & fries with toast €9.90
    Vegetarian Lasagne
    Served with chunky fries or salad €10.00
    Full Irish Breakfast Omelette
    Served with fries & toast €10.00
    Roast Vegetarian Stack
    Roasted vegetables stacked on a bed of mashed potatoes. Topped with creamy mushroom sauce €10.00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

That sounds like it's worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Thats great - good to see places offering choice.

Thanks for the tip!

Advertisement