Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Dublin Darts

Options
  • 15-01-2010 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi folks.

I am looking to start playing darts (reasonably) competetively and live in south Dublin.

Can anybody reccomend anywhere that I can walk in and get a game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

What part of South Dublin mate?

Here is the website for the South Co Dublin League (its not great mind)

http://scddl.leaguerepublic.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Flem11

MBC - Living in Donnybrook but dont mind a bit of travel.

Would love a Monday night comp that I could can just register on the night .... or even a recommendation of a pub where I meet a few guys that play darts and see what kind of standard I am at.

I have only ever played against mates ... and none of them are 'dart players' so my 100% record does not count for much!

Would Monkstown farm or Silver Tassie be the best bet?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Flem11 wrote: »
    Would Monkstown farm or Silver Tassie be the best bet?

Both of those are good darting pubs, I'm sure you would have no problem walking into either of those and playing a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Thing is on a monday there are usually league games going on.........there does be lads (inc meself) in our place (farmhouse) from 7.30 to 9.........you can come down and hae a few games with us if ya want no probs.

MBC - I might give that a go next Monday.

I'll be the tall fella looking a bit lost ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

What part of Donnybrook Flem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

MBC wrote: »
    Ah there doing a great job of updating the league tables there:rolleyes::rolleyes:

AndyP wrote: »
    What part of Donnybrook Flem?

Just off Eglinton Rd .... no pubs around here with a board?

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Just off Eglinton Rd .... no pubs around here with a board?

In Beech Hill myself. No theres no boards close. The nearest is Kynes in Windy Arbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

MBC - I might give that a go next Monday.

I'll be the tall fella looking a bit lost ;)

next monday the doubles will be on in the silver tassie,you could drop down and have a look,you might get an idea of the standard of darts.the bus from donnybrook drops you off across the road from the tassie.

• Advertisement
Advertisement