Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Online Tournament III Entry and Discussion

Options
  • 14-01-2010 8:00pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok lads at the suggestion of Degag and Carrickman it's time to get the next Boards.ie tournament off and see who can become the third champion of Boards.

The rules for the tournament will be exactly the same as the previous one I ran, there will be a group stage followed by a Knockout stage. The number of people in a group depends on how many enter. All games will be best of 10 legs meaning it can be a 5-5 draw. The game is over if someone wins 6 legs.

If people can get DartPro to work then they are free to use that to play their games, otherwise it will be ezchalk as usual.

So Anyone interested in playing please post in this thread.

For those of you who don't know what this is, have a look at these threads for information and then sign up!

Any questions can be posted in this thread as well.

Original Entry Thread

First Game Thread

Group Rankings Thread

Players Entered So Far:

1) Kingp35
    2) Gringo180
    3) pejesus
    4) aarondoc
    5) ratinakeg
    6) Degag
    7) SwdDub
    8) MBC
    9) Padr81
    10) tribesman78
    11) theroversreturn
    12) Dionsiseire
    13) Paulish95
    14) Healio
    15) Inquitus
    16) Patrickincork
    17) Double Top
    18) Carrickman
    19) Lemegeton
    20) Chucky the tree
    21) SD7792

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Id be up for this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

count me in
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

and me please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

I'm not willing to use Ezchalk, but put me down if we are using dartspro!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ratinakeg wrote: »

This was the issue with the Tournament Carrickman was organising. Not everyone can use dartspro, it's just too hard to set up. It's inevitable that some of the games will have to be played using Ezchalk. We will have to find a safe way to do it. Maybe using Google Chrome or Firefox with an add on installed.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    This was the issue with the Tournament Carrickman was organising. Not everyone can use dartspro, it's just too hard to set up. It's inevitable that some of the games will have to be played using Ezchalk. We will have to find a safe way to do it. Maybe using Google Chrome or Firefox with an add on installed.

Have not used ezchalk in ages as I was getting virus after virus even though I had firefox installed! I don't know if I want to use ezchalk again unless somebody tries it out and finds it working good now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

I'm in. Concerned about this ezchalk virus thing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭celt262

What are these :confused:

Ok i found them looks pretty cool although i wont be entering any tournaments just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Stick me down. cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Have not used ezchalk in ages as I was getting virus after virus even though I had firefox installed! I don't know if I want to use ezchalk again unless somebody tries it out and finds it working good now!
    If you download and install this ADD ON for firefox and then go to ezchalk you should not get any virus IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

put me in, where would the comp be without the number 10 or is it 10000 seed eh...

padr81 wrote: »
    put me in, where would the comp be without the number 10 or is it 10000 seed eh...

LOL!:D I'm ranked 10,001, we might get wildcard picks!:D

LOL!:D I'm ranked 10,001, we might get wildcard picks!:D

Nah, even Barry Hearn stopped giving wildcards to useless over the top entertainers like us. Guess I'm gonna have to give up practicing being entertaining and learn how to throw darts. All my dreams destroyed I was gonna be the Wayne Marlde of the INDO.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭tribesman78

I love to give this a go. Count me in. Have dart pro but having trouble with connection settings, but will get it sorted in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭theroversreturn

il b on for it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If you download and install this ADD ON for firefox and then go to ezchalk you should not get any virus IIRC.

That's the one, should have no problems with this installed. Are you entering death?

I'll update the first post with who has entered so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I'll play i guess, no harm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Paulish95

Put me in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I'll put my name down, but someone will have to help me set up dartspro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I am in, just got a dartboard, haven't played since my student days, Avg defo south of 50 :)

Cheers,

Inq

Just to let everyone know that I hope to get this going Monday week.

What's the max amount of people allowed in the comp or wen are you stopping to accept entries

Oops sorry. I didn't see ur comment kingp35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

how does playing someone online work? is it an honesty thing or is there a webcam involved?

how does playing someone online work? is it an honesty thing or is there a webcam involved?

Honesty, think webcams would be implemented if it was easier but for some people setting up dartspro and opening ports etc.. is enough hassle. No one has anything to gain by cheating so no one does. These comps are more to give you some focus while practicing than they are to win. Certain players here are head and shoulders above the rest of us and theres everything from 50 -80 averages give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭patrickincork

put me in too, been playing rubbish the past few months but maybe this is what i need to get me going!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

i'll give it a shot, my dartspro is always wonky so i don't mind usuing ezchalk plus i know half the lads so i can play them in person is it comes to it, have to defend my title you know:p;):D

Double Top wrote: »
    i'll give it a shot, my dartspro is always wonky so i don't mind usuing ezchalk plus i know half the lads so i can play them in person is it comes to it, have to defend my title you know:p;):D

I'll kick your arse in person pal!:p:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

me me me!!

Advertisement