Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Darts League/Tournament

Options
  • 14-01-2010 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what interest there is in holding another one? The first one Kingp held was very successful and afaik the one that Carrickman held wasn't completed due to players not playing their games. (Not sure of the circumstances because i didn't partake due to my bad IC)

Anyway, i think everyone who was played in these before has enjoyed it, so i wonder would ye be up for it again? Obviously i'm just putting the idea out there, so if Kingp or Carrickman want to take the reigns for it i've no problem, if they don't want to, i'd have no problem trying to run it either.

I think the major problem with this is that people say they'll play and then wont. If this is run right, we'll need some sort of assurances that people will play i think.

Anyway..... any thoughts?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

A league i think as we all found out is too demanding. if theres enough interest i'll organise and knockout/round robin like kingp did or he can do it. Anyone who puts there name down but doesn't have a good excuse and cancel games in advance should be banned from competing in others. Of course theres exceptions like computer's die, family get sick etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

padr81 wrote: »
    A league i think as we all found out is too demanding. if theres enough interest i'll organise and knockout/round robin like kingp did or he can do it. Anyone who puts there name down but doesn't have a good excuse and cancel games in advance should be banned from competing in others. Of course theres exceptions like computer's die, family get sick etc...

how does this work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Anyone who puts there name down but doesn't have a good excuse and cancel games in advance should be banned from competing in others. Of course theres exceptions like computer's die, family get sick etc...

I'd agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

pejesus wrote: »
    how does this work

get 16 names, decide on a format and than we play over the dartpro program or ezchalk depending on whether its still full of viruses.

how does this work

We play over an online scoring system called ezchalk

http://www.ezchalk.com/

Obviously it works on honesty but we don't really have a problem with people putting wrong scores up on here because most of us are only doing it to improve their game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

i would be up for that.

i would be up for that.

Cool, but generally we would play twice a week and each game takes about an hour, so if you can commit to this there is no problem.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'll happily run this again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Entry thread started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

or banned from the forum! :D

Devastator's opinions....Harsh....Harsh but fair :p

I would like to play, but I'm sh*t and I'm having real bad laptop problems. I've ordered new RAM last night to try and solve this, but its not due to be delivered for about a week. If there is a space left and you've not started by time I (hopefully) get laptop fixed then I'll play but don't count me in because I don't want to take up a space someone else may appreciate

• Advertisement

Devastator wrote: »
    or banned from the forum! :D

Devastator's opinions....Harsh....Harsh but fair :p

I would like to play, but I'm sh*t and I'm having real bad laptop problems. I've ordered new RAM last night to try and solve this, but its not due to be delivered for about a week. If there is a space left and you've not started by time I (hopefully) get laptop fixed then I'll play but don't count me in because I don't want to take up a space someone else may appreciate

If you get your computer sorted you should play. You can't be any worse than me (in all likelyhood better) but it really improves your game. I actually find myself playing better than usual in it. It's nice to play the 70-80 averages and taking a leg off them etc. Nobody cares if you ain't great because the general goal for all of us is to improve our game.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SwdDub

sounds like a good bit of craic lads but that link to ezchalk doesn't work.

Also, I wouldn't be particularly flash myself. Given that its based on honesty anyway would it be possible to have a 'beginnner standard' tournament or something if theres a few of us that aren't the best

http://www.ezchalk.com/

If you want to play then sign up in the other thread.

It doesn't matter if you average 20, there are players of all standards in it and it's only a laugh anyway and to help you practice. Costs nothing to play so you may as well give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

SwdDub wrote: »
    Given that its based on honesty anyway would it be possible to have a 'beginnner standard' tournament or something if theres a few of us that aren't the best

aye, I'm for a division 2 game :o
    Kingp35 wrote: »

It doesn't matter if you average 20, there are players of all standards in it and it's only a laugh anyway and to help you practice. Costs nothing to play so you may as well give it a go.

Can we invite your man fleet that played Adams in? I could maybe stand a chance :eek:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Paulish95

Definetly put me in it.I don't rely no what sort of standard I wud be against all of u with my about 60 average or so. Can someone tell me wat sort of standard I am cos I'm only 14 and I don't rely know. thanks(be brutal)

Paulish95 wrote: »
    Definetly put me in it.I don't rely no what sort of standard I wud be against all of u with my about 60 average or so. Can someone tell me wat sort of standard I am cos I'm only 14 and I don't rely know. thanks(be brutal)

You definately won't be a whipping boy like me! With a 60 average you'll do pretty well i'd say, won't win it, but will do pretty well.

Make sure you'll be able to commit to it and check back regularily for updates.... just saying because your a new poster that's it. Good luck!

Advertisement