Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youths and under 21

Options
  • 11-01-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

The county i live in has no under age teams at the moment but are trying to get it up and running again the problem is how do we get the youths interesd and informed about the county darts scene. I didnt know any thig about it till i was 25 ? has any one got any ideas . maybe putting up posters on school notice boards and youth clubs etc etc ???

maybe dartgod could help here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

go through teams playing in your local leagues - anyone with kids playing at home would be a good starting point.

try your local paper, put in a note in the sports pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Paulish95

im 14 and i cant find anywhere to play competitive. its so annoyin cos im not too bad. i hav around a 60-65 average but i wanna play against other people my age or my standard. i would reccomend putting poster in schools and/or givin a talk in a school. just as a matter of interest where abouts are you talking about ???????:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

Paulish95 wrote: »
    im 14 and i cant find anywhere to play competitive. its so annoyin cos im not too bad. i hav around a 60-65 average but i wanna play against other people my age or my standard. i would reccomend putting poster in schools and/or givin a talk in a school. just as a matter of interest where abouts are you talking about ???????:):)

wexford where are you from

pejesus wrote: »

North Dublin sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DylanR

North Dublin sorry.

the dublin youth darts team practice every saturday in the patriots kilmainham at 3 o clock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

pejesus wrote: »

Can't believe the youth teams have died in Wexford, used to be the strongest in the country when I was playing. The two years I qualified for the team for the All Ireland's I was unable to travel and they won them both. There was some great competition back then, with about 7-8 regulars at every competition and then a good few that would turn up every now and again, I can't believe it's 10 years since then :eek:

DylanR wrote: »
    the dublin youth darts team practice every saturday in the patriots kilmainham at 3 o clock

That's great thanks very much. I'll check that out this Saturday. Do u no if they just allow people to show up and play or what?? And would they let a 14 year old play or what is the age group

That's great thanks very much. I'll check that out this Saturday. Do u no if they just allow people to show up and play or what?? And would they let a 14 year old play or what is the age group
    its not on this weekend because the leinsters is on in kilkenny but it will be on the following week its under 18s

its not on this weekend because the leinsters is on in kilkenny but it will be on the following week its under 18s

ok but i dont think a 14 year old kid wud be gud enuf with a 60-65 average. wat do u think????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ya never know sure...might surprise ye.

• Advertisement

ok but i dont think a 14 year old kid wud be gud enuf with a 60-65 average. wat do u think????

neither did i when i started

neither did i when i started

So r u saying that I should check it out Saturday week??

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

So r u saying that I should check it out Saturday week??

60-65 is good for a 14 year old - training with others will improve your game.

vindaloo1 wrote: »
    60-65 is good for a 14 year old - training with others will improve your game.

ok cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 CHICKENROLL

any1 no anything about under 18 darts in kildare ?

Advertisement