Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Bread - couldn't find it by searchig

Options
  • 10-01-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been discussed before. I didn't realise there was a forum like this on boards. I'm a veggie 11 years and now going vegan (giving it a go for a few days and seeing if I can keep going long term).

Can anyone tell me which bought breads are vegan? I'd make my own but don't have the time and with all the home-made grain and bean dishes I would love to be able to buy vegan-friendly bread.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

I've emailed Brennan's Bread about this before:
    Thank you for your enquiry.

We do not use any animal derived enzymes in our sliced bread products.

Our Soda bread range, which includes the ‘Farmhouse’, ‘Buttermilk’ and ‘Wholewheat’ soda contain buttermilk so would not be suitable for Vegans.

Also all our emulsifiers used in our products are based on vegetable fats.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    So all their normal breads are ok, except the ones with buttermilk.

And Hovis breads say "suitable for vegans and vegetarians" on the packet and they have more info on their website.
    http://www.hovisbakery.co.uk/hovis-range/

Have a read of this post in our forum from a few months ago:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61757939#post61757939

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

That's great - Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

My pleasure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

La Brea are really good for labelling their bread as vegan. Supervalu have their stuff in their bakery and I think Tesco stock them too. The roast garlic loaf is ridiculously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

La Brea are really good for labelling their bread as vegan. Supervalu have their stuff in their bakery and I think Tesco stock them too. The roast garlic loaf is ridiculously good.

My mouth is just watering from the name....Roast Garlic bread.....yum. I have to find some.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

for traditional farmhouse brown Gills Dairy Free from Dunnes.

Advertisement