Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best type of Dart board

Options
  • 08-01-2010 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭

Ho thinking of buying a Dart board, and want to get a decent one while I'm at it

What's the best brand, would it be unicorn or winmau? I assume the safety surrounds are pretty standard no matter what the brand?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Personally I think the Unicorn Eclipse Pro is the best board. The Winmau Blade III lasts longer but the Pro is the better board in that it reduces bounce outs to almost zero because of the thinner wires. The Pro will still last you a good year practicing all the time if you turn the board regularily so I think that's the best one out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Absolutely Agree with King, couldnt use any other board, hate playing away days on the other types, Striker Boards, Blade Boards, they just are a bit annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Thanks guys, this one?

Are te surrounds pretty standard? Something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

yeah that kind of board is the right one and any surround will fit snuggly around them. should have a good setup buying the 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

argos had eclipse pro for £20 recently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

As I mentioned in another thread, the Eclipse Pro is the best board I have ever seen. Tiny wires that are deeply embedded into the board to stop the colours "bleeding" into different areas and the bristles are very soft also.

The local pub has had one for 2-3 months now and it has lasted much longer than any other kind they have used. I got one myself a few weeks ago and I would advise anyone to save money in the future by getting the best now :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 keithiws

for use at home to practice i would recommend the winmau ton machine or pro sfp, both have a long life span, bleeding beds are rare, only draw back are larger wires but makes very little dirrerence. i got a ton machine last march and play on it 5 to 6 hours a week and is still in great shape was only €12.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭theroversreturn

ur back must b broke tho from picking up darts off the ground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

I just replaced a pro eclipse with a blade 3. There is a slight differance in wire width but it is only slight. I can't see it making any real differance to my game. No probs with bounce outs etc yet and it looks very well made slightly better than the eclipse I would say but again only slight. The reason I changed is because Argos are selling blade 3's for €28.99 v €43 for the unicorn. €14 is a good reason to with the blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 keithiws

ur back must b broke tho from picking up darts off the ground!
    ah your very funny i dont drop my darts they stick into the board, hence why the darts have a point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭celt262

its ok if ur looking for a cabinet as well. have a look at argos they were shifting the blade 3s and eclipse pros for dog cheap there lately and they mite have decent offers on cabinets as well if ur needing one of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

celt262 wrote: »

I have that and I'd advise you not to get one, far too many staples on the board, head wrecking stuff with amount of bounce outs! The cabinet is not too bad though!

just took a quick look and theres a few cabinets offers there cheaper than elverys. the cabinets r never that good anyway and the boards r always second rate boards even tho the striker isnt too bad as far as i remember. itd b better than the winmau second rate boards anyway.

I just want the cabinet to protect the wall, have a board but it has being in a garage the last year and a half so im going to have to get a new board anyway.

the cabinet will give ya minimal enough protection u mite b batter off buying a ring for around the board and a decent board ie. blade 3 or eclipse. there isnt much coverage above and below the boards with a cabinet remember so the ring mite b the best call

the cabinet will give ya minimal enough protection u mite b batter off buying a ring for around the board and a decent board ie. blade 3 or eclipse. there isnt much coverage above and below the boards with a cabinet remember so the ring mite b the best call

Cheers thats what i will go for.

in fact if its only for protection of the wall and not the ability to mark scores on the cabinet ur definatelly better with the ring. most people r more likely to miss the board when their going for the bottom of the board or the very top and with a cabinet u dont get no protection from that

• Advertisement

Yeah my main worry is the wall, so i will definately go for the ring.

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement