Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Characters

Options
  • 07-01-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

I wonder who your favourite characters are ??
    Looking at some old matches on BBC today reminded me of some of the characters like Wilson, Lowe, Bristow etc. There are many many more Pro players around now in both codes but though they are given fancy nicknames most of them are without Charisma and are instantly forgettable once their game is over and they disappear off telly. A few like Taylor for his achievements, Lewis maybe for excitement and one or 2 others spring to mind but even top players like Wade, King, Terry Jenkins and even Barney hardly light up a room when they come in. Indeed most of the Dutch players look robotic anyway. Manley is sadly missing on a regular basis now as he always got a good rise out of the crowd. The BDO even seem to have more characters with Silverback O'Shea, Wolfie Adams .... not terribly exciting but durable....... and of course Count Ted.surely the most controversial player around but still a character as he could do anything. Love him or hate him you won't forget him and many of us tune in just to see if he'll get hammered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I used to like Bob Anderson .

1 of my favouite chants the crowd used to sing for john lowe used to the atmosphere going .

"Johnnie johnie Lowe,hes got no hair but we dont care johnnie johnie lowe":D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

robbie1977 wrote: »
    I used to like Bob Anderson .

1 of my favouite chants the crowd used to sing for john lowe used to the atmosphere going .

"Johnnie johnie Lowe,hes got no hair but we dont care johnnie johnie lowe":D
    Bob was and is a great character too as is Lowe, both very watchable

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Mardle has to be included there, I hate him, but will always watch his match to see him getting hammered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

co stompe seems to be a very likeable character and good with the crowd , the likes of wade ,king and barney seem to have no personalities even mark webster who is quite shy has more charisma than they do

• Registered Users Posts: 12,682 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Mervyn King and Ted Hankey are both creeps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Must not forget the Irish players - - - and the first one to spring to mind is Jack McKenna from Kildare - - - without a doubt Ireland's greatest darts character and player.

Read all about him in the Sunday Tribune on Sunday next, January 10th.

Advertisement