Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter-county Dart player

Options
  • 05-01-2010 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

After watching the PDC and some of the BDO darts on telly recently and seeing all the 3 dart averages like lewis had a dart average of 103 while others had averages of 95 100 and so on. I was wondering what would the 3 dart average of a inter-county player in matches. Would there be much difference in the pro's and intercounty in these stats

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

In Ireland theres county players who have a 60-65 average and the stronger players are around 75+. Theres a few of the big boys who can average 85 and sometimes 90+ like Finnan, McCloskey, Jacko Barry etc... Imho a 70 average (21-24 darts per game) is what I would consider average for a decent county player in the stronger counties over here, in England the county average is very little higher but of course does feature alot of pro's in there which probably bumps it up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭vindaloo1

If you can finish in 18-21 darts you'll win a lot of games.

Difficult to hit consistent form given the short format.

I always feel a bit of added pressure for some reason.

Advertisement