Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pharmaceutical science

• 03-01-2010 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,
    Is anyone here doing the pharmaceutical science course in Dundalk? Can you please give me an inside to what the course is like, teaching, etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭keefs08

Pharm science is a really good course if you enjoy chemistry maths & physics :)..
    the chemistry lecturers are a drag coz the lecturer is so smarmy & youd really need to have leaving cert honous chemistry behind you to know wat hes going on bout at all!! (i didnt so i hadnt a notion,like the rest of the class!) there was word of him leaving but i didnt hear anythin recently, youd only have him for one semester anyways..
    the physics part is the most fun you learn thru pbl its called (problem based learning) were the class gets divided into groups and every1 gets the same problem and you have text books a pc & whiteboard and you have to solve it!.
    the maths is ok really just brushing up on basics, cell biology is really biology of the cell haha u wouldnt have guessed only joking its pretty interesting..
    my advice is if you like the sound of it and you have a passion for science and getting down to the nitty gritty of things then its the course for you :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Yien_y

Does study pharmaceutical science in DKIT need to work placement in industry ? (:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Not in 1st or 2nd year for sure probably not in 3rd either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Yien_y

So Izzit mean that placement or internship is not a must to complete before graduate from DKIT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Furez

Yes placement is not done (almost certain). Although you might try to get work experience yourself, related to pharmaceuticals during summer holidays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement