Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DartBoard Stand

Options
  • 03-01-2010 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi i was wondering has anyone got this. I have been watching the darts and i wouldnt mind digging out my board. I stopped playing because i had nowhere proper to hang it. Does anyone know if it goes up to the right height i pursume it does.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I dunno much about the dartmate, except it's a bit expensive.

I seen something on the net few days ago called a "Darts Angel", basically its a bracket that you attach your board to and it hangs over a door! Not sure about price, but it could be good for anyone with limited space

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

I just had a look at the Darts_Angel. It looks just the job it wouldnt be to wobbly if you put something behind it would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

aye thats it. I don't know, wait to see if anyone on here has tried it.

I suppose if it wasn't 100% steady you could shove a couple of beer mats under the bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I have the dart mate, I find it to be awesome, I can move room easily, if I'm away or move house its easy to bring with, its steady enough, comes with an oche mate for checking the distance, I used to have to practice in my shed, its a godsend

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

i was looking at the the darts angel and the unicorn on tour door hanging system. the reviews i read of the darts angel were very positive. you can adjust the height and width to accomodate any door. i ended up doing my own solution but the darts angel was the best of the products i looked into

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

DU.LLAHAN wrote: »
    Hi i was wondering has anyone got this. I have been watching the darts and i wouldnt mind digging out my board. I stopped playing because i had nowhere proper to hang it. Does anyone know if it goes up to the right height i pursume it does.

I've seen and used this, www.prodarts.ie owner Alan has one in his house very sturdy and easy to pack away into a Bag.

Ask him for a quote if your buying online!

Hi guys thanks for the replys i bought this and recieved it today excellent piece of equipmeant. I would highly recommend it. Took about 10 mins by myself to put up and very sturdy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

i was looking at that myself. heard some people saying the board can slip sometimes and you have to keep re-adjusting it. hope you dont have the same kind of bother

slip?

ive not had my board slip, i assume you mean in the bracket that holds it into the case

there is a fine line i suposse, you need to screw it in without putting too much pressure on the plastic hooks that hold it in place but if its slipping its not tight enough, maybe another turn of the screw

It prob when somone opens the door when it is up he means. That happened to me when i opened the door first it slipped a little but i quickly copped that i didnt have it tight enough now it doesnt slip when i open the door. It only takes two mins to fix and with the oche mate you get with it, theres no problem setting it up to the correct height again two mins of a job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭MIP

Is it possible to fit a foam surround with the Dart Angel (to protect the door)? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hi guys thanks for the replys i bought this and recieved it today excellent piece of equipmeant. I would highly recommend it. Took about 10 mins by myself to put up and very sturdy:)

I am looking for one, did you buy it from that site? and how much was the shipping pls?

Inquitus wrote: »
    I am looking for one, did you buy it from that site? and how much was the shipping pls?

No i got it from dartscorner.co.uk shipping was 20.39 pound

No i got it from dartscorner.co.uk shipping was 20.39 pound

I see it's available for £42.50 (or £27.50 excluding board) on A180 http://www.a180.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=2114 as opposed to £70 on http://www.darts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/728, pretty hefty difference. I couldn't see it on dartscorner.co.uk, how much did they charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭theroversreturn

a180 add the VAT on at the end that mite be the discrepency

a180 add the VAT on at the end that mite be the discrepency

Didn't realise that but still works out at £52 compared to £70. Basically means free delivery based on the £15 delivery charge quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭theroversreturn

ya good spot so

it cost me 59.99 pound, i didnt look at any other sites just seen it liked it and bought it eight pound of a difference is not going to break my bank. At least i hope it wont:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

I have the dart mate, I find it to be awesome, I can move room easily, if I'm away or move house its easy to bring with, its steady enough, comes with an oche mate for checking the distance, I used to have to practice in my shed, its a godsend

How stable are these? Do you need to be holding the stand when taking darts out of the board? :D

not really, i dont think ive ever done that, sometimes when you've just recently used a stone on your darts to get a bit more grip pulling them out they are a little stickier, but literally as with a normal board, one hand on the board, the other pulls the dart

Pretty stable, after someone takes there darts out hastily, it does seem to shake a little, but it seems to settle down quite quickly and never shake so much as you stop and think jaysus its a moving target, just little shaking that quickly settles out. its pretty good for a dartboard on a pole i have to say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

A few online reviews have mentioned that the pegs in the cabinet are too short to hold the board properly once it has been turned - has anyone experienced this? I am looking at getting one of these for an apartment but they are not cheap so don't want to buy a dud!

ive turned my boards 3 times since purchase in November 2009

you loosen the screw at the 4 sides but dont need to completely unscrew, turn and replace board sitting on the lower pegs and turn the peg to clasp the board again

its a circle, why would turning it make it move away from a peg, it is equidistant

the only thing about it is you need to buy similar board again, i think people had problems when they replaced the board and went with a winmau or something

Advertisement