Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2010 Tramore Winter Gala

Options
  • 02-01-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

The first big darts event of the New Year takes place at O'Shea's Hotel in Tramore, County Waterford, on the weekend of January 15/16/17th.,with a varied programme of events on the agenda.
    The Tramore Winter Gala commences on the Friday night at 8.00pm with separate Men's and Ladies' Doubles competitions and it will continue on Saturday with Round Three of the 2010 Ireland Players' Championship.
    Also on Saturday at 4.00pm there will be another qualifying competition for the Republic of Ireland Under-21 team.
    The Winter Gala will conclude on Sunday with separate singles competitions for Men, Ladies and Youths {Under-18} and they will be competing for the O'Shea Cup, Sharon Rafter Memorial Cup and the Tramore Youths' Cup, respectively, with a minimum Prize Fund of €2,300 on offer.
    Players are reminded that entries for Sunday's Men's and Ladies' Singles competitions must be in before 7.00pm on Saturday and that no entries will be accepted on the day of the competitions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

What say you to the chances of this being called off due to weather?

personally i dont really wanna book a hotel if it could be called off

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Dartgod wrote: »
    The first big darts event of the New Year takes place at O'Shea's Hotel in Tramore, County Waterford, on the weekend of January 15/16/17th.,with a varied programme of events on the agenda.
    The Tramore Winter Gala commences on the Friday night at 8.00pm with separate Men's and Ladies' Doubles competitions and it will continue on Saturday with Round Three of the 2010 Ireland Players' Championship.
    Also on Saturday at 4.00pm there will be another qualifying competition for the Republic of Ireland Under-21 team.
    The Winter Gala will conclude on Sunday with separate singles competitions for Men, Ladies and Youths {Under-18} and they will be competing for the O'Shea Cup, Sharon Rafter Memorial Cup and the Tramore Youths' Cup, respectively, with a minimum Prize Fund of €2,300 on offer.
    Players are reminded that entries for Sunday's Men's and Ladies' Singles competitions must be in before 7.00pm on Saturday and that no entries will be accepted on the day of the competitions.
    Its a good few days away yet Pops but just seen the long range forecast on telly for next week and it seems big freeze to continue, as Dion said earlier I wonder if it will go ahead or if contingency plans are in place. Anybody know what conditions are like in Waterford at the moment ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Its a good few days away yet Pops but just seen the long range forecast on telly for next week and it seems big freeze to continue, as Dion said earlier I wonder if it will go ahead or if contingency plans are in place. Anybody know what conditions are like in Waterford at the moment ??

Baltic........probably.......everywhere else is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

As you said, Pops, too early yet for guessing games.

We are talking about the Sunny South East and are hoping that the weather down there will live up to expectations !

As you said, Pops, too early yet for guessing games.

We are talking about the Sunny South East and are hoping that the weather down there will live up to expectations !
    Yep we'll keep the finger crossed Pops. I forgot it was the Sunny South East ... must get out the lotion and beach towels for next week ...:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I reckon i may have to give tramore a miss then this year, its just looking to tretcherous a drive from dublin.

at least i have 2 players championships under my belt already, not in need of being at them (though i could do with some points :) )

Yep we'll keep the finger crossed Pops. I forgot it was the Sunny South East ... must get out the lotion and beach towels for next week ...:D:D

Check this out, Pops, before you go swimming off the beach in Tramore - - - - -

Deadly jellyfish in Irish waters
    Record numbers of deadly Portuguese Man O' War jellyfish have swarmed into the Ireland’s east coast, marine scientists warned today.
    Warming sea temperatures and strong winds are being blamed for the influx of the potentially lethal creatures, notorious for their eerie purplish glow and massive trailing tentacles.
    Dozens of confirmed sightings over the past five months, from Ballymoney in Co Wexford to Termonfeckin in Co Louth, have sparked fears for swimmers and seaside walkers.

Check this out, Pops, before you go swimming off the beach in Tramore - - - - -

Deadly jellyfish in Irish waters
    Record numbers of deadly Portuguese Man O' War jellyfish have swarmed into the Ireland’s east coast, marine scientists warned today.
    Warming sea temperatures and strong winds are being blamed for the influx of the potentially lethal creatures, notorious for their eerie purplish glow and massive trailing tentacles.
    Dozens of confirmed sightings over the past five months, from Ballymoney in Co Wexford to Termonfeckin in Co Louth, have sparked fears for swimmers and seaside walkers.
    Jesus tis dodgy alright Dad.
    I'll just have to swim fast and keep everything tucked in. :D:D

Tramore Winter Gala going ahead as planned.

Please note that entries for the Men's and Ladies' Singles on Sunday must be in before 7.00pm Saturday night - no entries on Sunday !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭clivebaby

I reckon i may have to give tramore a miss then this year, its just looking to tretcherous a drive from dublin.

at least i have 2 players championships under my belt already, not in need of being at them (though i could do with some points :) )
    You should get a train down

• Advertisement

Tramore Winter Gala going ahead as planned.

Please note that entries for the Men's and Ladies' Singles on Sunday must be in before 7.00pm Saturday night - no entries on Sunday !
    Great weekend Pops but had to leave early Sunday (as we were beat) :o
    Heard it was a great final between Willie and Connie but would you have results from last 16 or Q-Finals. up ??

Great weekend Pops but had to leave early Sunday (as we were beat) :o
    Heard it was a great final between Willie and Connie but would you have results from last 16 or Q-Finals. up ??

Connie hit five 180's and had two 100+ finishes and lost 3 - 5 !!!!
    Well done to Willie on a great achievement.

Will post results later when I thaw out !

Friday night was Doubles night in Tramore with Andrew McCormack and Jason Cullen defeating Mick McGowan and T.J. Dixon 4-2 in the Men's final.
    Kay O'Carroll and Bronagh Mallon defeated Liz Shanahan and Caroline Conway 3-2 in an all-Cork Ladies' final.

In the Singles competitions on Sunday Willie O'Connor won the Men's event with a 5-3 win over Connie Finnan and Sharon O'Brien defeated Kay O'Carroll 4-3 in the Ladies' final.

Stephen Mooney defeated Brian Walsh 3-0 in the Youths' Under-18 final.

More detailed results later - - - - -

Tramore Winter Gala results - - -

Men's Doubles:
    Semi-finals:
    Andrew McCormack/ Jason Cullen 3 - 0 Patrick Powell/ John Digan
    P.J.Stafford/ David Bradley 2 - 3 Mick McGowan/ T.J.Dixon
    Final:
    A.McCormack/ J.Cullen 4 - 2 M.McGowan/ T.J.Dixon

Ladies' Doubles:
    Semi-finals:
    Liz Shanahan/ Caroline Conway 3 - 2 Sharon O'Brien/ Susan McKenna